Connect GameCube to almost wtf trimmed gamecube?

TacoSlayer

So I have a trimmed official controller and almost omgwtf motherboard so my question is where do I connect the controller. On ashens guide it just has points for p1 transistor and 5v. But when I look on the controller pinout there is 5 points. Idk can some one help I'll provides some pics in a pic

The GameCube controller only needs 3 of the 5 points. You need one connected to the transistor, one connected to 3.3v from anywhere and one connected to ground from anywhere. The Sticky haas all the diagrams you need to figure this out.

I think I phrased it wrong. What I ment was that on ashens guide it show where the controller volts and transistarts go but I cant figure it out on the controller itself. I looked at benimtos controller notes and it has
3.43v big directional data line. Is that the transistor?

If this is what you're referring to, you don't need to touch the "P1 transistor" line:
32.png

That is only if you were relocating the controller transistor components.

You need to wire the "3.43v bi-directional data line" you mentioned to the "P1 data" line. You can solder to the transistor leg or to the gold pad right in front of it. Then 3.3v and GND on the controller can go to 3.3v and GND anywhere on the motherboard.

Back