Halfway decent gaming netbook?

Re: Opinions on Dell M11x?

zeturi said:
One of the my hidden motives to start college was also to get a nice gaming laptop with my financial aid funds. :p

Psst. "Financial Aid" is the codeword for "high interest loan". ;)

When you're starting out with no credit, any loan is better than no loan at all.

Sam, c'mon. 1 GB DDR3 of video memory? Sure, processors are getting better in the netbook category, but I won't believe the ION will be as effective as that.

That said, I will look into netbooks a slight bit longer before I buy. If I did get a netbook, I was thinking of the ASUS N10J, but I'm still unsure.

As far as I know, the N10J has been discontinued for over a year. The 1201N is basically the replacement, and now the 1215N is probably going to replace that.

Yeah, I know I'd have to buy it used if at all. But anywho, any suggestions on other decent gaming netbooks? Don't have to be beasts, but hopefully able to play TF2 at ~ 20 FPS. Imma change the title to reflect this.

Get the 1215N when it comes out, or the 1201N now. An AMD-based thin'n'light would work too. They're technically not netbooks, but I don't see where the line is supposed to be drawn.

Back