Graphics card woes.

samjc3

#1 Female Member
i recently upgraded my pc (amd athlon 2.something ghz, 4 gigs ram, soundblaster card, windows vista home) from an integrated nvidia 6150se to an 8600gx. while the speed of the computer greatly improved, as did the graphics and gaming quality, it has generated some strange errors:

-sound in bioshock works in menus and through the intro, but once you are in the water after the plane crash, sound wont come back.
-portal wont boot at all. it set the resolution to 800x600 and then the screen goes blank until i reboot.
-text in half life 2/gmod is too big. it sticks out of the windows. (hl2: deathmatch, and dystopia too)
-only about half the sounds in gmod work. like explosions and gunshots work fine, but if you drop something or drive a car, those make no noise.

i have the official nvidia drivers running, and the graphics card says it is fine. whats going on, and how can i fix it? or is it impossible to fix? :gonk:

That's really strange. Check your ForceWare settings. I'm sure there's a control panel somewhere. Also, try pulling out the soundcard and using integrated sound, or no sound. Also, are you using 32 or 64 bit Vista?

its 32 bit vista, the soundcard is the integrated one, and whats forceware? its not in the control panel. :gonk:

Maybe that's why it's not working. You need to install/update the ForceWare drivers. Amazed it even worked.

XCVG said:
Maybe that's why it's not working. You need to install/update the ForceWare drivers. Amazed it even worked.
what are the forceware drivers? i have the official Nvidia ones installed. :dah:

:facepalm:

ForceWare is what nVidia calls there drivers. Update them and check the settings.

I also think that you should check your drives and its setting it might not be proper. I would suggest you that please google it out. I am sure you will get solved your query. I hope this will help you out.

nice bump there. and ive had it fixed for along time (new mobo and graphics card will do that, along with winnerz 7)

Back