Genesis 3 Portable Worklog - Progress starts on page 5.

looking through this whole thread, i wasnt able to tell; do (did?) you plan on having the cartslot internal (gameboy style.) or on the outside back like the starlight?

and yes, i am attempting a micro genesis and im trying to figure out size without actually looking at my genesis. i hope you dont mind if i..uh...borrow your design? (not borrow so much, as make one that looks very similar. really its how it has to be.)

Go ahead. Nintendo came up with it first, anyways. :p

It was going to be external, but gameboy style, if it makes sense. The cartridge was going to slide down the back, but be external. I'll try to explain. The front half of my SL68p was going to hold the screen, controller, and genesis system. The back side was cut in half. It was going to hold batteries, and have the cartidge slot stick up on the top. I am not the best explainer, but here's a paint mock up.

f3400993.jpg

On the SL-68p, the screw posts in the front half end flush with the sides, so you could just screw the plastic behind the cart area onto the existing screwposts. :D

Exactly what I had planned. Argh, thinking about my gennyp makes me want to work on it, but... no bucks. :(

As I'm looking at my Genesis controller PCP right now, it's about as primitive as the NES controller. Easy stuff man.

so the progect was cansled after frying a board remaking the case a few times losing some stuff on a
board and who in Heck knows what happened to the 3rd board and you destroyed a few controlers aswell.
(Anyone bored enough to count them for me go ahead.)

the above is wholesomely incorrect, and i also fail to see the point of why it has been posted. :facepalm:

yolomojo1 said:
so the progect was cansled after frying a board remaking the case a few times losing some stuff on a
board and who in Heck knows what happened to the 3rd board and you destroyed a few controlers aswell.
(Anyone bored enough to count them for me go ahead.)
I... WILL KILL YOU... :stare:

Missing the genny so much! :gonk:

Back