GCP comments and Suggestions

hailrazer said:
I can get a Gamecube in a Zn-40 with a Psone Lcd with barely any modification to either. It's the disc drive that won't fit. And batteries would be tight in there, would probably need to be external with the disc drive.

I would do it, but no need with the Datamax cases being barely bigger and working perfectly for what I need :)

Well ya see, the trick to the Disc drive is.....ah nevermind, I will just upload pics when I put my second GCP together - whenever that is :lol:

Tchay said:
Well ya see, the trick to the Disc drive is.....ah nevermind, I will just upload pics when I put my second GCP together - whenever that is :lol:

Sure tease me like the redhead next door you big sexy beast. :p

There is no trick, he's just being an electric rain. :p

I once had a really sexy idea for the disk drive, and I coupled it with something palmer told me and the entire gamecube's thickness was really small.

SS

ShockSlayer said:
I once had a really sexy idea for the disk drive, and I coupled it with something palmer told me and the entire gamecube's thickness was really small.

Make the teasing stop!!! :gonk:

If you get slimmer motors, you could make it really thin, given that the laser has space.

slimmer motors = sorta waste of time.

That actual lazer is the killer here, and that was where my sexy idea came into play.

However, I am finding with more experience that wii > GC when it comes to actually portablizing something.

SS

ShockSlayer said:
slimmer motors = sorta waste of time.

That actual lazer is the killer here, and that was where my sexy idea came into play.

However, I am finding with more experience that wii > GC when it comes to actually portablizing something.

SS

Wait, does ">" mean better or bigger? Until I sand the flaxzernoodle out of the Wii mobo and find the hidden traces I will consider it a beast compared to the Gamecube mobo.

Yes, SS is correct, smaller motors shaves off a few millimeters on one edge of the DD. I got it to work, but its pretty pointless. Using the Wii + sundrive whatchamacallit to make a GCP & WiiP has the "potential" to be smaller than a GCP BUT, until that motherboard gets much more slim, I am sticking with the gamecube.

Oh, and my "trick" to gamecube portablizing is simple. Heres the secret!!! OMGOMGOMG!!!

- make it portrait -

Wii is slimmer height wise, can be cut down a *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ton(about GC size I think), can be made toploading, supports wii and gc, better alternative for homebrew, and consumes less power I think.

SS

ShockSlayer said:
Wii is slimmer height wise, can be cut down a *LINK'D*(about GC size I think), can be made toploading, supports wii and gc, better alternative for homebrew, and consumes less power I think.

SS

With height, yes. The motherboard? No. Based off of Palmertechs motherboard trimming picture, the wii mobo will be significantly larger than the fully slimmed up gamecube mobo.

Now, that may change depending on what I find in the inner layers of the wii. As for power? That would be kickass if it consumed less power.

edit: and wiis are expensive unfortunately. So trimming is much more risky :neutral2:

Meh, just "chip" your current wii, paint the case glossy black, and sell it while making enough monies to buy 2 new Wii's.

Thats what I'd do. (After backing up all my game save data to an SD card, of course.)

Basement_Modder said:
Meh, just "chip" your current wii, paint the case glossy black, and sell it while making enough monies to buy 2 new Wii's.

Thats what I'd do. (After backing up all my game save data to an SD card, of course.)

me gusta. What type of paint?

Back