GCP comments and Suggestions

This project kinda reminds me of an idea I had a while back.....I was going to make a mini-gamecube without any controls or screen. Just a reeaaaaalllly small gamecube. But then I realized that portable gamecubes can already get really small so I no longer saw the point.

btw - I'm single now. Which means you just might start seeing some cool GCP pics in the next few weeks :awesome:

I like the design.

Clip on would be easy, properly done in a custom case woould be cooler, and you could save alot of space.

Key thing is saving space.

SS

ShockSlayer said:
I like the design.
Clip on would be easy, properly done in a custom case woould be cooler, and you could save alot of space.
SS

or you could try strap on :dahroll:

Naruto2-point0 said:
and also, do i still have to use the original heat sync or can i use something more "space saving"

heavens no! Get rid of that thing! Make sure to have a fan though. Definitely check out Techknotts GC portable on Benheck.com

EDIT - obviously you will still need a replacement heatsink.....dont leave those chips bare :dah:

You can try an iceberq 4 pro like I did, if you want. It's just a bit smaller than the original heatsink, but it has a fan built in. My gamecube never got hot with one of those attached.

I got descent results with a square piece of GC heatsink that was slimmed to half of it's original depth on the IBM chip and a small graphics card heatsink on the other chip with a small fan. The chips had arctic silver for thermal paste.

I also got good results with a 2mm copper plate that had a 1/2" diameter copper pipe on top bent in a 'U' shape, held on with arctic silver surrounded by JB weld and no fan. That's what imma use in my ZN-40 GCp because it's thin and doesn't need a fan. There was also arctic silver on the chips and the plate was held on by screws and hex-nuts through the original HS holes in the board. Held up fine for 4 hours of SSB:M and Burnout.

zeturi said:
Basement_Modder said:
ZN-40 GCp

Ur a liar.

palmers making one, too.

It will have a JB-55 on the back for the disk drive and DD mobo, along with the controller ports if I put 'em on. The ZN-40 will hold the controlls, mobo, screen mobo, and batteries. The LCD will be external, Retro 64-style.

Oh, okay. I thought for a minute you meant housing everything inside a ZN-40. :sweat: I was gonna say, definitely not happening.

You never know though, Zenloc and Tchay are figuring out how much of the gamecube motherboard can be removed. If they can really remove enough of it, we might be able to do a ZN-40 GCp one day. I think with enough work, most of the gamecube can be put into a ZN-45, though.

If you cut it down techknott style, hold the ZN-40 upright, cut the psone screen mobo down zenloc's way where you rewire the audio amp, and opt to have an hour of battery life, you could fit one in easilly.

zeturi said:
Oh, okay. I thought for a minute you meant housing everything inside a ZN-40. :sweat: I was gonna say, definitely not happening.

You never know though, Zenloc and Tchay are figuring out how much of the gamecube motherboard can be removed. If they can really remove enough of it, we might be able to do a ZN-40 GCp one day. I think with enough work, most of the gamecube can be put into a ZN-45, though.

yeah....uh....a ZN-40 would be IMPOSSIBLE!!! CANT DO IT! NO WAY!!!

my case is smaller.........did I just say that?

I can get a Gamecube in a Zn-40 with a Psone Lcd with barely any modification to either. It's the disc drive that won't fit. And batteries would be tight in there, would probably need to be external with the disc drive.

I would do it, but no need with the Datamax cases being barely bigger and working perfectly for what I need :)

Back