GameCube Portable Breadbox Cube (03/09/2015) FINISHED

Re: The GameCube Portable (06/08/2013)

Hi all,

Got a quik question.
Slot B via pin 1, does it need to be connected for sd gecko to work? And where should I connect it to? Just bridge it to pin 4 on sd card?

Greets

Re: The GameCube Portable (06/08/2013)

So today I cut off the controller port connector and I tried connecting the controllers to the little chips with the transistors but (AlmostWTF trim) they don't work? Wierd :confused: .

Can anyone clarify please?

thanks in advance.

*Edit:
First post update
(case)

Re: The GameCube Portable (09/09/2013)

Problem solved... apparently the dataline was cut from a set of resistors on the other side.
I rewired them individually to their respected resistor and all is fine now!

BACK ON TRACK

Re: The GameCube Portable (10/09/2013)

I'll be using 4 Li-ion 18650 3200mAH 3.7V

4.2V Full charge and 2.75V Cut-off discharge

+Charger
+PCB

Would this setup work or not?

Thanks in advance

The pcb says that is for the 7.2v batteries, and the charger says it supports 7.4v @ 1600mah.

Ok I'm going to take that back, didn't see the greater than our equal to sign. The charge will work.

Hey all,

Got an important question that needs a quick and helpfull answer!

Can I hook up an orginal Gamecube power connector (12v) for a play and charge system?

The guide shockslayer made shows a 7.4v wallpower connector with the pcb for 7.4v battery pack.
Will the 12v damage my pcb and batteries? Or is it of no real importance and does the power go to the Mobo directly because the wallpower line is connected to the pcb so...

Many thanks!

Greets

You don't want to charge the batteries with it, but you can use the gc psu on the other side for power, I'm pretty sure your using a custom regulator and the gc psu is safe for that as well.

So I went from Almost to OMG en did the transistor relocation but the controllers don't work?
I checked everything with the Multimter but no GO?

Any help?

So I fixed the problem with the controllers.
Like last time, the resistors on the bottom side of the mobo directly beneath the transistors labeled "RA14" need to be in between the data pins and the via's. As far as I know nobody else seems to have experienced this issue. Wierd :confused: .

Any how. The little space gain is a bliss! No more cramming it in the case.

Also added some new features:
- screen power switch for screen so screen can be turned on and off seperatly. This way battery can be saved when conncted to a TV.
- AV in for use with the screens second av channel. This again works great with the on and off switch for the screen.
- AV selector switch as to be able to switch between av channels.

I'll post some pics later.

greets

Well, I wished I'd known about that! I had no idea that resistor component was necessary, but it would explain a lot of trouble in the past.

Hi all,

Made some great progress towards getting everything inside the casing.
Got everything running smoothly at the moment expect for sound. I made a switchable Headphonjack with Zenloc's guide. But when I pulled out my Headphone, the whole thing stared screeching and thene there was smoke?!

The Gamecube still powers on and playable... only the sound doesn't work. I tried a new amp but No Go. Haven't tried Tchay's 5v fix because I think that would make matters worse in this case, no?

Could the Onboard AMP be broken?
Any solutions?

Thanks in Advance.
Greetz Bakuku

Re: The GameCube Portable (10/09/2013) SOUND ISSUE HELP PLEA

Do you have any idea where the smoke was coming from? It could be that either your amp or the GameCube's preamp broke. But a rather small trace on a circuit board that gets overloaded with too much current from a short circuit may ALSO smoke, and could cause some kind of weird noise too depending on how your amp reacts to the short. Obviously something touched something that it shouldn't have when you pulled the headphones out, but the only things that could have bridged were audio L and R lines and ground... there shouldn't be any problem grounding either audio line because that's kind of how volume control works in itself. So maybe, if your headphone jack has malfunctioned and wasn't made well, audio L and R lines have bridged inside of it without touching ground, which may be something your amp or the GameCube's preamp really doesn't like.

Since we don't know, you should check and confirm both your amp and the preamp are receiving power, ground, a signal, and are outputting properly. Like I said, a trace or connection could be blown somewhere, maybe where you don't expect it. The screeching, though, doesn't really sound like something the GameCube's preamp would just do.

Well, I Tried everything but nothing...
And now the Image has given up on me too. It's all Blocky and you can't make out the letters and shapes?!

So I guess the AV chip just went beserk on me when the Audio Blew out.

Got to start over :(

Ah. The video could very well be your regulator. I had lots of trouble with getting the right voltages, and whenever I used anything lower than 1.7v for the GPU things started to get crazy. It was just like you said - blocky shapes that are hard to make out and just a crazy picture in general. You said you're using something like 1.68v for the CPU and GPU, right? That may just be a tiny bit too little. I think AV problems are often not the AV chip itself, either, because with all the problems I have had relating to audio and video, 4+ AV chip transplants actually fixed nothing. The problems stayed.

Back