Gamecube briefcase.

zharrhen

I discontinued my retro Nintendo project and I have a leftover GameCube, which I'm making into a GameCube briefcase.

Specs

Battery powered
Original disk drive
1 controller holder

Things I have yet to decide

Screen
Briefcase size and materiel

This is still in the planning phase so if you have any ideas, I'd like to hear them.

Pelican case
Laptop screen/VGA Monitor hooked up via RGB
Also, if you use a Wii DD, you can make it slot load. However, that still needs some tweaking.

ProgMetalMan said:
Pelican case
Laptop screen/VGA Monitor hooked up via RGB
Also, if you use a Wii DD, you can make it slot load. However, that still needs some tweaking.
Thanks, prog. I'll try to get a pelican case and a laptop replacement screen. I won't use a Wii DD because after looking it up, It seems to not work very well.

I think that if someone added a microcontroller to turn it off automatically when it needed (after eject, upon boot if empty) it would be absolutely perfect.

OK, I've been waiting for my battery, so I've been doing some work on the GameCube and I need some advice on slimming it down, without Wiikey or wide. Its a rev C.

I've done some things and now this can be called a briefcase like thing. Things haven't gone according to plan, so the specs have been altered.

New specs

Battery powered
Original disk drive
7 inch screen
Size when closed (approx) 7.5 inches tall 9 inches long, 7 inches wide.

I will get pictures eventually, but my camera is broken, so here is a description, At the moment it is transparent, but I will paint it purple. It has holes on the sides for ventilation, 2 holes on the back for the universal battery hermaophroditus is making for me, and one big hole for the controller ports and memory card slots.

Back