[Finished] dsboy lite 1 & 2 (another DSL gameboy mod)

tomqman

got a faulty dsl on ebay for £15 delivered with a charger. the fault was the top screen would loose signal and flash on and off (perfect for what i want :tophat: ). heres what ive done so far.
2013-05-17192812.jpg

cut off the led block and filled the top grove once, and sanded down

2013-05-18082157.jpg

added more body filler.

2013-05-18123316.jpg

Sanded :o

2013-05-18132709.jpg

base coat

2013-05-19160451.jpg

painted matt black and matt finish

2013-05-18170318.jpg

stylus and sticker filled and sanded

2013-05-19160418.jpg

speakers wired up (the blob of solder on the ds connectors are where i was trying to remove the card slot. in the end i just cut it out )

Video Update

Update Finished :D 26/05/13
well guys its finished, but with a few problems. the case does not close fully. and one of the speakers has stopped working . and ive busted the case up slightly, also still cant find that volume slider :\ . but i will begin making dsboy lite 2 as soon as i get another ds lite :D, heres the update anyway.

2013-05-19175835.jpg

heres the rest filled in . lost the painting pictures :( .

and now the finished system

20130526_105629.jpg

20130526_105638.jpg

20130526_105709.jpg

20130526_105721.jpg

and the video.

i havent finished this project till i create DsBoy lite 2 :tophat:

Final update
its finished veiw my video here

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11927&p=150412#p150412

Re: dsboy lite (another DSL gameboy mod)

Gamerlolwind said:
nice project, man!
LED mod?
i was going to but decided to have this as pure gba, and with the ds lite set to autoboot, it will bypass the voltage check for gba so did not need to in the end

tomqman said:
Gamerlolwind said:
nice project, man!
LED mod?
i was going to. but decided to have this as pure gba. and with the ds lite set to autoboot. it bypass the voltage check, so did not need to in the end

cool! can't wait to see your ds mod :)
good luck, man

Gamerlolwind said:
tomqman said:
Gamerlolwind said:
nice project, man!
LED mod?
i was going to. but decided to have this as pure gba. and with the ds lite set to autoboot. it bypass the voltage check, so did not need to in the end

good luck, man
thanks. i found your thread very helpful in the whole idea for this mod :D was hoping to finish it today but the rain has stopped me from being able to paint. :(

it will be next weekend now. if its nice weather

Monstercrunch said:
Very nice looking :D
thanks , the sun broke through the rain i manages to get back 90% finished just needs a coat of lacquer which will probably have to wait till the weekend. but i cant believe how quick ive done this, only done around 4 hours on it :D

tomqman said:
Gamerlolwind said:
tomqman said:
Gamerlolwind said:
nice project, man!
LED mod?

good luck, man
thanks. i found your thread very helpful in the whole idea for this mod :D was hoping to finish it today but the rain has stopped me from being able to paint. :(

it will be next weekend now. if its nice weather

thanx man, glad i helped you out in some way or another :)

your project looks good, can't wait to see it finished

What did you do then? No LED mod, did you just remove all the top screen components and set to auto boot games and you don't need to do anything else? Will it just run gba games like that even without the speakers wired in?
Could you show us any and all wiring you did so I can do this myself, thanks.

MostlySpace said:
What did you do then? No LED mod, did you just remove all the top screen components and set to auto boot games and you don't need to do anything else? Will it just run gba games like that even without the speakers wired in?
Could you show us any and all wiring you did so I can do this myself, thanks.

yep just set to auto. no need for led or any mod, if your just using gba. and no speakers are needed . you can just unplug top screen and play gba without doing anything else (after putting ds into autboot)

and i found this image for audio wiring. (thanks to Akira @ bacteria)

ds%2520lite%2520sound%2520reactive%2520led%2520diagram.jpg

First post also updated with the mod complete.

Back