DsBoy Lite 2 (another DSL gameboy mod)

tomqman

finnally finished my 2nd dsboy. its 95% perfect to what i wanted from the project. fixing all the problems with the 1st on. and after 2 blown fuses and a new touch screen heres the finished project

worklog
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=11704

will get some nice photos tommorrow or when the sun comes out

Great mod, there!
Glad to see more ds lite mods, I like how you managed to put the LED inside the ds lite, unlike other ds lite mods, also, love how you kepted the slot 1 function for ds games loading via flashcart and homebrew stuff. And you have your gba autoboot which is awesome too :)

What brightness level do you use? 1, 2 or 3?
Um, I think depending on LED type/strength not sure what, if you set the brightness too high it shuts down the system, and the only way to turn it on again is to remove and put back the ds wifi chip (to reset the brightness level back to normal setting).

Anyways, good mod! I like it a lot

Its stuck on a max I think. Due to the led, if you find the right led or resistor you can control the brightness

Hi, nice work man !

Just to perfect the job, you can use an "ez 3 in 1" flash card in slot 2 (ds lite version) to launch gba games and it will fit perfectly because with your actual supercard, it make the dsboy bigger.

And please, how did you do for letting the ds mode still working with no upscreen because on mine i have to autoboot on slot2 because it s not turning on if i try to keep the ds lite menu with no upscreen. It'll be usefull to me for use slot1 flashcards or download mode on some games.

Sorry for my english, and again, good work !

That's awesome dude! I was thinking of doing a project like this. I might have to replace the screen and definitely the b button...it's out of shape! :D Good work! I've never modded a device before but this looks like it could be my first project! What type of flashcart is that?

supercard sd, there super rare now and are not sold on 99% of sites, mine was sneaky deal as the popped into the edge of a picture of a ds for sale, after a quick PM i had there email and did it direct with them .so i had to buy it outside of the trade forum i got it from,

Have a supercard. Do not recommend. Get the EZ Flash IV instead. its 1000X better

I also have a DS lite. But i am using a ez flash iv cart microSD version. This ez flashcart just meets my demand is playing gba games.

Back