Big GBA mod (DS lite mod)

Gamerlolwind

hay guys,

this is my side project i have been working on since April 15, to make a big GBA mod from a ds lite using only one screen!
I used majora's LED diagram to do the mod, it was very easy to do and i had lots of fun making the mod. the only hard part for me was to do the fitting in the case afterwards, but somehow i managed oddly enough.

Note 1 - the mod it's self took 1 week to do (wens day i successfully completed/tested the mod, then thursday finished it)
Note 2 - the worklog i started apr 15, but i had to wait sometime for the first ds lite to arrive, then try to mod it, broke it and had to wait a bit more for the second one to arrive (the lucky one!) as it worked
the second time!

Worklog:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=11533

Presentation video(s): (two parts as i speech alot of stuff about my project etc)

Part I:

Part II:

Features:

DS Lite unit
Light Blue LED
Sliver DPad, A/B/X/Y buttons, Power switch, volume numb (taken from the silver ds lite i received to mod)
no DS Top screen
Ds Lite Touch/bottom screen
Slot 1: Acekard2i with 4GB Micro SDHC card
Slot 2: EZ-Flash 3in1 pack
no internal speaker,
sound comes from headphones via headphone jack or through my external saudio amp.
no wifi (not needed really!)
no microphone (yet!) as my microphone broke and i'll need to buy another and install it on the unit.

Special thanx/credits:

Akira: Very helpful PM info, support, great inspiration for making my mod as i loved his gb reloaded.

Sneakxxattack: support + help on project + acekard2i (i bought it from him as i had trouble buying it etc) lucky sneakxxattack is awesome and helped me out alot, thanx man :)

Majora: DS Lite LED mod discoverer, he made the VERY useful diagram i used for the very simple LED mod, thanx man :) + support and PM help.

Shockslayer: Originator of ds Phat/lite mod for using a ds on only one screen, this was awesome and lead to majora then modding his ds lite via led mod creating the diagram, and then eventually inspiring me to follow in his foot steps (LOL).

the mod timeline i made up goes like so:

Shockslayer discovers ds phat mod =>

Majora picks up ss's mod and does the mod on a ds lite with a lED thus creating the led diagram =>

akira creates his GB reloaded using a ds lite bottom screen, r4i + ezflash etc (inspires gamer) =>

gamerlol becomes inspired by marjora,ss, akira's mods that he decides to mod his ds lite and big GBA was born!

made a timeline video for this (inspired hugely by the zelda official timeline):

enjoy the videos, guys thanx so much for the help you've given me, i really appreciate it :)

SNEAKxxATTACK said:
TIGHT!

no problem, I actually enjoy sharing my knowledge and experiences.

thanx sneakxxattack :) you've been a great help in acheiveing my big GBA project :)
without your help i wouldn't have gotten this far and the help of SS, major and akira and zack.

the acekard2i is SO awesome, the interference is way more integrated than r4i with support to 3in1 pack
<3.
it also can boot straight to GBA or micro card on the first menu :)

i haen't tried moonshell yet, but i'll try that soon.

tomqman said:
Glad to see it finished. Look forward to seeing it in action ;)

thanx tomqman, glad to see it done, now enjoying it alot <3. also im so glad i helped you out in one way or another with my work log, helping others is awesome and feels good too :)
um, i posted both videos of my big GBA showing it in action.

Looking great. Was looking on my phone via an app, for some reason it didn't load the videos. Love where you stuck your led

Back