EchoesCube worklog

Ma%20GameCube%20enjoy%20plus%20pack%20spice%20orange.JPG

Spice orange.

If you go with matte black, use this. Best. Paint. Ever. You won't even consider other spray paint an option after using it.

Too many colors and too many kinds of paints choose from. I'll have to get some different paints and test them.

The Memcard is either 128 or 256 mb, I don't remember and I'm on vacation right now so I can't check.

So I've been doing more casework. I've drilled holes for the screen controls, volume, and speaker holes on the front.

On the bottom I've cut holes for:
The power jack
HDMI port for video, audio, and all 4 controllers out
4P2T switch for switching audio, Video, and Controller 1 the the HDMI port
The power switch

I can't decide where to put the start button. Here is a pic of the from of the case, the red dots are 4 different places it could go.

2012-07-31_20-47-22_417-1.jpg

I would love to put it to the right of the screen and volume buttons, but I can't because the HDMI port, Power Jack, and will be headphone jack are in the way.

Also Here is the bottom of the case

2012-07-31_20-47-35_886.jpg

I get this feeling that orange or not, this thing won't get me any Segaes, but orange is still an awesome color. Anyways, I really need input on the start button location, I honestly can't decide.

I say the bottom left dot. bottom right could accidentally get hit while button mashing, and the other places just seem odd to put a start button there :p

FierceDeity said:
I get this feeling that or not, this thing won't get me any Sega, but orange is still an awesome color. Anyways, I really need input on the start button location, I honestly can't decide.

the only reason i said orange was because the GC you had was the sickest shade of orange. Also, yeah bottom left dot.

I'm having a ton of trouble getting Swiss to work on my GameCube. I've spent forever trying to figure this stuff out, I've never done anything with homebrew before, but it just isn't working. I downloaded the newest Swiss-0.3 and am trying to flash Swiss to my wiikey. I followed the wiki, I extracted the SwissFlasher.gcm, changed it to .iso, and put it in my WBFS wiiikey sd card. When I do that, It says the file is .01GB, but the estimated size is 1.36GB, which I don't understand. I put it on the card, boot up my GC and select the Swiss iso in the wiikey menu. It boots the Swiss menu, but hangs as "init wiikey". I've read a bunch of posts, I know that once you flash Swiss you have to use a FAT32 card or you will get that message, but I haven't even done that yet. I'm probably being stupid right now, but I suck with the software side of things and figure someone could help me out.

Does swiss load up your SD gecko slot?
BTW, I wouldnt flash my wiikey just yet, I heard its quite buggy.

If I put a normal bootable Swiss iso onto my wiikey sd, then yes, It boots normally and I can select the sd gecko. It's when I try flashing to the wiikey it doesn't work. I've read that it is buggy too, but I thought with Swiss 0.3 that Emu_kidid had worked out most of the bugs.

As long as your SD card shows up in swiss, you should be fine.
Also, I think ashen had issues flashing his wiikey, so its prolly just a bug.

Ashen said:
Seems the Wiikey Fusion swissflasher.gcm included isn't working properly. It wont launch at all from the previous Swiss version I had flashed to the Wiikey (fatal exception). So I reverted back to official Wiikey 1.5fw and launched it from there, but it just boots into normal Swiss and doesn't attempt to flash the Wiikey. I also tried extracting the .dol and flasher files from the .iso with isobuster, tried flashing swiss(ntsc).fzn and resulted in a soft brick on my wiikey (recoverable with 1.2rev fw).
Ashen said:
Yep, pal flasher file worked fine on both my test cube and my rev 3 fusion.
Who knows, maybe Im just being stupid. :p

In the next page though, Emu_Kidid said he updated it with the pal FZN file, which ashen said worked. I don't even know.

I haven't gotten much done in the last couple weeks since I've been on vacation but I'm back now so I will continue progress. My board it mostly done, the SD card slots are installed and swiss is finally working, although I broke my audio amp. The front half of my case is done 100%, but I'm just waiting for some more paint to come in the mail before I choose the color. I've tested some Montana Gold and I love it, there is a good chance I will go with matte black.

Here are the tests of Montana gold that I did:
2012-08-15_23-46-52_272.jpg

Also, here is the side of the case where I cut the sd slots:
2012-08-15_23-46-10_408.jpg

Lastly, I'm having trouble wiring Tchay's fan. I'm not sure how to wire it since there are four wires. I thought it would be straightforward and I could wire 5v to red and ground the black but it isn't working, and I have tried on multiple fans. I have tried a bunch of combinations on 4 different fans, all without success. I got one of the fans to work for a bit, it was strange, without changing how it was wired sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't. Then it randomly started smoking and would work after that. I just need someone to tell me how to wire it.

Back