dumb down sports games like

Why do they dumb down sports games like Madden on the Wii? I don't think all Wii owners are incompetent idiots who cannot figure out how to play regular madden but with Wii remotes. They don't even have franchise mode, they took away Superstar mode, and they made it so arcadey and simplistic. I also noticed they do that to other ones like Fifa and NBA Live. I like the Wii and a lot of their games, but why did they have to mess up sports so badly?

Because Nintendo chose to make a console and slap on a happy family casual image to go with it, EA just followed suit.

Seriously, they took like 3 years off to make the next game not flax, and it's still flax.

The only reason an NBA Live game should be made was a couple of years ago to possibly surface more leaked copies than the 8 ps3 and <2 360 copies of NBA Elite 11 currently accounted for. Probably too late for that now so good riddance.

Maybe this can change into a general discussion on the decline of sports games?
Like how there hasn't been a good NHL game since 2K6, and EA is the only one still publishing them

ProgMetalMan said:
Like how there hasn't been a good NHL game since 2K6, and EA is the only one still publishing them

Is that true? That's interesting, that means all the major sports games are only made by one company now.

NFL: EA
NHL: EA
NBA: 2K (EA tried to relaunch Live last year, but it's unplayable/flax)
MLB: Sony (2K is apparently not gonna make anymore MLB games according to my brother, also means only PS 3/4/Vita will be getting MLB games now)

ProgMetalMan said:
Maybe this can change into a general discussion on the decline of sports games?
EA's NHL games were better than the 2K games.

I think that current NHL games are suck though. I didn't play any older EA ones.

Back