DMG Paint Sketches

My Game Boy came! I also have my tri-wing screwdriver, blue LED, switches, 1/8" jacks, blue buttons, and screen cover coming soon. I'm thinking of painting it a solid neon color like orange, or maybe #6. In terms of mods, I'm thinking prosound, backlight, and a foot-pedal jack (I'll hook it up to the start button, for stuff like LSDj). Any other cool, cheap mods I could do?

So my triwng from Nonfinite is taking FOREVER to get here, but it finally shipped, so proress should start soon!

My first one will feature paint job #6, blue buttons, prosound mod, and a blue backlight.

So taking off the metallic sticker thing off the screen didn't go as well as planned. There's a whole bunch of sticky flax everywhere, anyone have tips for getting it off? I'll look around for methods, so stay tuned.

EDIT: The *Can'tSayThisOnTV*? I was carefully cleaning off the back of the screen, and then I put it back together. I turn it on, looks fine. I turn it off and on again, there's a line. Again, and there's two lines. Now there's about twelve. Is there any way to fix this? This kinda sucks :sweat: .

The last one would be cool if you could come up with a better tree design. Also doing a pro sound mode is pretty much pointless unless you plan on actually using it.

Welp, my DMG is broken (and honestly, the thing itself was already total flax), and I have a lot less money than I thought I did (~ $25).

Long story short, I'm screwed. So, uh... what are my options here?

As for the DMG, I'm not so sure. I could go full out ninja Sega and stick some crazy doodad in there just for the Heck of it, or maybe just paint the case or something.

I also have a spare Color, any ideas for some cheap mods?

3MZ said:
How'd you break it ?

Cooshinator said:
The *PLINK*? I was carefully cleaning off the back of the screen, and then I put it back together. I turn it on, looks fine. I turn it off and on again, there's a line. Again, and there's two lines. Now there's about twelve. Is there any way to fix this? This kinda sucks :sweat: .

Also, several days later, I turn it on, and the screen doesn't work whatsoever. For no reason. :(

Even if I hadn't have broken it, this thing is total flax. This thing is more yellow than white, and had a buttload of brown gunk when I first got it (I cleaned it for about 4 hours, still massively yellow). I open it up, and it has much more gunk, along with some green mold. Plus, the speaker only worked around 1/8th of the time. I open it up, and sure enough, both wires fall off within 10 minutes.

lol, coosh, id let you buy mine, but my parents wouldn't allow because it was a present.

Why did it matter that the case was more yellow than grey if you were going to paint it anyway. I wish people would stop wasting good Gameboys. There's a limited amount left in the world now and people keep *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing them up.

Ishmael1010 said:
Why did it matter that the case was more yellow than grey if you were going to paint it anyway. I wish people would stop wasting good Gameboys. There's a limited amount left in the world now and people keep Linking them up.

Well I just stated that to emphasize it's flaxtyness.

And I don't like when that happens either. But if it breaks, it breaks. Sometimes flax just happens. I took all the precautions, I worked carefully, and it just broke. I would of done anything to stop it from breaking, but it did. I apologize if this kind of stuff severely angers you, but just understand that it does for me too. I did all I could do, but I'm still pissed at myself.

Back