Protobug's second GCP

No, acetone won't work with PLA. You can try to sand it a bit and then apply a resin made specifically to cover 3D printed things (I can't recall its name, but it should be easy to find on Google)

Aurelio said:
No, acetone won't work with PLA. You can try to sand it a bit and then apply a resin made specifically to cover 3D printed things (I can't recall its name, but it should be easy to find on Google)

Yea, what Aurelio said. I made the assumption that it was ABS, my apologies.

Thanks guys :)

Update !

I've been working on the console this weekend and received my new cubes and in those two was a Rev C :

Which will be perfect for what i want to do :)
then i started working on the batteries : (sorry for the blurry photos)

I also glued with epoxy the P2 port and unfortunately the power plug had a hole in it that i didn't see and epoxy went in it... It made the port not usable.

I finished wiring the controls and finally chose to, despite the look of the console beeing a bit clunkier, use 2 different buttons for mid press and full press. I simply didn't have enough space to have a soft and a hard button..

I still have to find another pot knob because this one is huge haha :). And here is how i mounted the shoulder buttons :

I also received my wasp/wiikey clone and the megadrive adapter and i thin i chose the wrong one... I may be trying to wire it the wrong way but for me the easier way was to use thin wires ... I should have chosen another one but everything is wired correctly :

also to use the wiikey fusion i don't need to use the switch with pin29 ? since it's preflashed with swiss.

do i just need to format an SD car, put an iso on it and that's it ?

Protobug said:
also to use the wiikey fusion i don't need to use the switch with pin29 ? since it's preflashed with swiss.

do i just need to format an SD car, put an iso on it and that's it ?
Exactly. Just wire the pin29 to GND and it will work.
Yes, with swiss you just need to format your SD Card in FAT32 :)

awesome ! and to put isos on the sd card do i just need to dump them on it or do i need a software ?
And will it autoboot in swiss ?

Just drag&drop your isos in your SD card.
To autoboot it to swiss you need the mobo side of the lid pin connected to gnd

thank you :)

So i tried everything and had to wire another controller board because apparently the first one was cut to small and didn't work. I also tried the WKF and had this issue :

Is this because of the lid switch ? I'm worried ...

You must insert a SD card in the WFK slot. Have you done it?
Also check that the pin29 is connected to ground

Ok so apparently i'm just extremely dumb :) i plugged the cable for the sd card the wrong way ... DUH.

So now i can boot the system but it doesn't read anything :/
i have "please insert a game disk"

thanks aurelio for helping me

The fact that it says "please insert a game disk" means that you have to "close the lid" :D
How did you connect the LID pins from the megadrive?

Protobug said:
thanks again !

so this project is now almost done and i still can't figure out what the sd gecko does :(

The SD Gecko is used primarily to play Homebrew applications and Emulators.

Protobug said:
thanks again !

so this project is now almost done and i still can't figure out what the sd gecko does :(
If you're familiar with the homebrew channel on the Wii think of the SD gecko like the wii's SD card slot, the WKF/wasp have a read only SD card, but the SD gecko is read and write so you can play emulators on it and save to it etc while the WKF/wasp slot CAN play emulators it cannot save to the card (I believe there are builds that let you boot from WKF and save to an SD gecko) hope that clears it up :)

Back