New style for the forum

Noah

Frequent Poster
So recently I got kind of sick of subsilver and decided to make a new style. It's based off of a World of Warcraft style (hence the gold borders and odd fonts) but when it's done it'll be all MR-ed out. If it's something most of the active community would like to see I'll continue working on it and finish it up. No point in working on it if no one would use it though. Here is a picture of what the theme would basically look like:

http://i.imgur.com/FWreaz4.png

There is a lot of CSS stuff worked into the style so that means fancy hovers and animations playing on the site. Keep in mind that a lot of the icons and background for the site are pretty high-res so this style wouldn't be recommended for anyone with super slow internet. (Most modern day connections would handle it fine though.) There are a lot of neat features such as collapsible tabs that are remembered through cookies.

Let me know what your thoughts are.

Thanks!
Noah

0_0 woah darken the PCB-esque wallpaper's blue. The contrast on the dark grey background is too heavy imo

I like it, but I agree, the rent contrast is too Dang high.
Also not sure how I feel about the vertical M

Yeah if you wanted to keep it vertical I would squish it a few pixels along vertically to give the illusion of being equal on all sides because of how the eye sees the M

http://i.imgur.com/ScTEAqx.png

How does this look? Rather than keep the background a gray color I changed it to be a darker blue. Also, fixed the logo lol

06a7b3cd898361216c416d2312a92b61.gif

Cool hovers and flax.

Bacteria 2.0 said:
Oy, Good Show!
Very nice work there mate!

Cheerio!
Good day!
top kek

I dunno about this, Black backgrounds aren't particularly great, and they do look very 1990-2005 style internet.

SteamDNT said:
I dunno about this, Black backgrounds aren't particularly great, and they do look very 1990-2005 style internet.
At least it looks better than SubSilver2 Kappa

SteamDNT said:
Bacteria 2.0 said:
Oy, Good Show!
Very nice work there mate!

Cheerio!
Good day!
top kek

the best internet
*Can'tSayThisOnTV* web 2.0 it's flax
except for dank memes
a mostly unintentional haiku by prog

Surprisingly, subsilver2 has actually aged quite well. the only thing really telling of how old it is, is the icons.

SteamDNT said:
Surprisingly, subsilver2 has actually aged quite well. the only thing really telling of how old it is, is the icons.
Yep, it's even pre-glossyAF everything age.
Old as Heck.

ttsgeb said:
SteamDNT said:
Yep, it's even pre-glossyAF everything age.
Old as Heck.
XP era did not age gracefully. But yeah, its successors, glossy and minimalism, are pretty bad.
The best thing about subsilver over the other styles (including the subject of this topic) is that it actually fills a whole widescreen frame.

I honestly like the current style. It gets the job done without being too busy or distracting. I'm reletively new to the site, and did not realize the layout was so old. It always felt pretty modern to me.

Darker backgrounds just don't seem to look as professional. My personal preference would be to not have a complete overhaul, but to tweak what's already there to make it look more updated.

Back