Contacting People for their Guides

So, this seems kind of blunt, but I mean this as a genuine question and not a rhetorical jab. I'm not any if the authors, but I'm curious.

Why exactly do you want to copy this info to your forum? What advantage does it provide?

i would be able to download the images directly to the server, such that if a image hosting service were to remove images, the images on my forums would stay.

You'd be better off personally PMing each person or contacting them. It's not their responsibility for them to reach out to you.

Also some guides are easily found elsewhere or common knowledge or the creator has already stated they don't mind the sharing of the information so check around.

Another option would be to rewrite the guides. They don't own the information. Just take the info, write your own guide, and credit them at the bottom.

I really don't see the intention of this. Your forum seems to have the same content as modretro. It seems as the only purpose this would have is drawing users to another forum for the same information and confusing people.

If you just want to save the information for later use you can use various website downloaders. If you have an issue with some of the images that are not hosted anymore, which we all do, then reposting the guide with images on modretro would be appreciated.

I agree with that but t the same time I can see valuable purpose in trying something new with how the info is structured. If new ideas come out of it I don't see a problem.

Not really, a lot of work is already going into compiling everything into the stickies. This isn't limited to the moderators either, if you have a recommendation for the sticky, PM a mod.

Back