Wiikey Fusion autoboot CONFIRMED WORKING! on ALL WKY!!!

LOCtronicz

Formerly known as zenloc
EDIT: Check http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewto ... =20&t=1281 For all the latest info. Mega will release a video of it in action. He is AWESOME!!!

Also check out his for sale thread for the MEGAdrive (wiikey/wode adapter) http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewto ... =18&t=1235 Which makes life a load easier. Very simple to install. I have done 2 of them and am very pleased with the result.

Ok so here's the deal. For some reason I have a autobooting wiikey. I'm triing to figuer out why as I have done nothing that I can remember that would make it autoboot. Mega and I are looking into it but hopefully we'll find out what makes it happen so that everybody can enjoy autobooting :p

Below some info on what is up with the wiikey:

wikkey on ntsc-j board ipl 1.0 (autoboot)
wiikey on ntsc-u board ipl 1.1 (autoboot)
wiikey on pal board ipl 1.0 (autoboot)

I removed the sd card and power it up. Then did the pin 29 switch and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I believe it has something to do with the timing. But that means the wiikey works like it normally is supposed to work with the extra of autobooting when a sd card is inserted. I have cut the sd ffc in half and hardwired it to the wiikey however I have also done that on a other wiikey and that one doesn't autoboot.

Check this video for a better view: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtdGev5F ... e=youtu.be

I rewired everything and I can confirm that pin 26,27 and 28 are not needed and are only for audio streaming via dvd drive as you stated. I have loaded up around 25 games and all of them work perfectly. As I was playing with the wires anyway I also removed pin 25 and pin 24. I don't know what they are for but it seems they are also not needed. All games worked and wiikey functioned as normal.

So I can say with certainty that you only need pin 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,21,22,23(lid switch),29(eject switch to gnd), GND (I use a thicker wire to be sure) and 3.3v. That's in total 16 wires!!!

Re: Wiikey Fusion autoboot

LOCtronics said:
Mega and I are looking into it but hopefully we'll find out what makes it happen so that everybody can enjoy autobooting :p

...found it :twisted:

ill post a video soon to explain

Awesome, awesome to the max.
attachment.png

I cant wait! This means a bit less casework for that dumb button! I once had an autoboot wiikey and i had no idea how, but i accidentally fried that gamecube a little while later :(

Re: Wiikey Fusion autoboot CONFIRMED WORKING!

LOCtronics said:
I also recommend hard soldering the wiikey instead of using a ffc adapter.
heh, FFC adapter can work also.....but my FFC adapters work perfect!!

(shameless plug for my custom gamecube FFC adapter boards on sale at gc-forever.com, and WKF's on sale too)

Sorry not intended like that. This was purely meant for portabalizing purpose. Your adapters will always and I repeat always make life much easier!!!

Not everybody can solder to such tiny spots anyway so I would advise everyone to get one of your adapter anyway ;)

For the sake of things and keeping your sales up I'll remove the comment from my post. :D

EDIT: changed first post :p now remove your post so nobody see's my comment :p

Hey just wondering. Do you solder to the solder pads from the ffc connecter or the traces?

solderpads of the ffc connector. they are all ready to be soldered to once the connector is take off.

quick progress update for those who have not had the chance to read the topic at GC-forever:

1. autoboot is working solid with no issues discovered thus far....
2. please see my video about WKF configuration menu settings and how it will affect your setup
3. currently working with emu_kidid to determine if we can build a flash to allow ALL WKFs to autoboot since at this point in time its only limited to new WKFs with original 1.0 firmware ( initial testing looks promising )

1.5 flashed back to 1.0 successfully....swiss autoboot works and no issues discovered thus far...
doing some last tests, and will package everything together for release soon...

Sorry about the big image but it's necessary.

tumblr_m5mmlpJWDy1qcnzjbo1_1280.jpg

So just to be clear you can go from the latest swiss official firmware to this image and you'll still have swiss and all it's wonderful features along with autobooting?

(the downgrade on the end is just if you want official firmware with autoboot?)

Oh and can we leave the pin 29 open or do we need to tie it to vcc permanently without the switch?

bentomo said:
Sorry about the big image but it's necessary.

(image)

So just to be clear you can go from the latest swiss official firmware to this image and you'll still have swiss and all it's wonderful features along with autobooting?

(the downgrade on the end is just if you want official firmware with autoboot?)

Oh and can we leave the pin 29 open or do we need to tie it to vcc permanently without the switch?
ben am not a pro at this but am pritty sure you will have to leave pin 24,25,26,27,28 disconected and leave pin 29 permanently connected to GND and flash the wiikey with swiss (optional) . Mega or zenloc confirme if am right pleace

Jep pin 29 shorted to ground. As for pins pin 24,25,26,27,28 as of yet they are not being used. All the games I have tested work. However maybe they need to be used when someone comes up with a audio streaming fix. Maybe those pins are then going to be needed... I can't really say for certain but for now you don't need them.

Sweet, now all that's left to conquer is luigi's mansion and in my opinion swiss is the perfect piece of software. Too bad about rgb cables being so expensive for running the pal version.

what's wrong with luigi's mansion? I can play the pal version of the game on my ntsc gamecube.... I use swiss to force video to ntsc and it works like a dream

Back