Congrats Palmer

Mario said:
DJ - We really don't know yet. 300 would be nice, but what we're really going for is an AWESOME product. If we can really improve it for $100 more, we're definitely going with that.

Mako - We ain't selling any more unassembled kits. You can buy a dev one if you want, though.
Fine.

Mario said:
DJ - We really don't know yet. 300 would be nice, but what we're really going for is an AWESOME product. If we can really improve it for $100 more, we're definitely going with that.

Mako - We ain't selling any more unassembled kits. You can buy a dev one if you want, though.
Well, I'm no developer but I'm a huge believer in the new products. So, I was going to but one of the assembled ones off Kickstater. But if you guys can improve upon an already good-looking product than I'll gladly spnd more.

My only gripe is I don't know how it will look/feel and I can't judge that from reviews and second-hand experiences. So, I have to go off pure faith.

Mario said:
We ain't selling any more unassembled kits. You can buy a dev one if you want, though.

A lot of us are mainly interested in the unassembled kits. Putting it together is half the fun.

Zero said:
Mario said:
We ain't selling any more unassembled kits. You can buy a dev one if you want, though.

A lot of us are mainly interested in the unassembled kits. Putting it together is half the fun.
Yeah, I already have/beat Doom 3 BFG, oculus version and everything.
pKmyE.png

D.J said:
Mario said:

- We ain't selling any more unassembled kits. You can a dev one if you want, though.
Well, I'm no but I'm a believer in the new products. So, I was going to but one of the assembled off Kickstater. But if you guys can improve upon an already good-looking product than I'll gladly spnd more.

My only gripe is I don't know how it will look/feel and I can't judge that from reviews and second- experiences. So, I have to go off pure faith.

how bout the million dollar hype? :p that would be good enough for me personally.

Zero said:
Mario said:

Yeah, I know, sorry. If it makes you feel any better, it's just a simple, fold-together foam-core kit. Nothing too amazing, really.

Just pledged, forgot that it waits until the end to charge you. :p

Something I really like about the Rift vs some other Kickstarters (OUYA) is that Palmer already has functional hardware and software. He's already slapped it on people's faces and shown them what its like. He doesn't need the money to build a product from the ground up, just to refine it.
Plus Palmer is a pretty cool guy. :awesomepalmer:

Tchay said:
D.J said:
Mario said:

- We ain't selling any more unassembled kits. You can a dev one if you want, though.
Well, I'm no but I'm a believer in the new products. So, I was going to but one of the assembled off Kickstater. But if you guys can improve upon an already good-looking product than I'll gladly spnd more.

My only gripe is I don't know how it will look/feel and I can't judge that from reviews and second- experiences. So, I have to go off pure faith.

how bout the million dollar hype? :p that would be good enough for me personally.
Oh no, don't get me wrong. I fully intend on buying this. But it would be nice to try it first.

it's on the kickstarter page. They can't say yet what the price will be, or when retail will ship, not even to the quarter. I'm expecting next summer, though, based on the dev kits not going out until December.

"MOM, I know what I want for my birthday!" But no seriously, congrats Palmer. It's too bad that you're sold out the DIY kits, I was looking forward to building it. But I'm defiantly going to back this.

We met a crazy black dude at a party. He said I'm his Jolly African American.

11a98hy.jpg

Back