Buying Li-Po batteries for the UK

Prandy

I must have spent the last 3 hours googling away to find a UK batteryspace replacement for the UK (they want to charge me $93, around £60, for shipping alone. Then import tax on top of that!) Has anyone had any luck finding a place that sells Li-Po cells and a PCM/charger to go with it? I'm losing hope :(
Thanks guys

Prandy

Well, I know lots of people have asked the same question for years and no one has found an alternative.

The best option I can think of is buying li-ion cells from eBay. You can search for canon bp-915 battery packs and inside you'll find some relatively good li-ion cells. Most of the time you can find two battery packs bundled with a charger. The cells on the inside are 3.7v 2000mah which you can wire a few different ways to get 7.4v, 11.1v, etc. I'm not sure what you're trying to power, but hopefully this helps.

You could buy hobby LiPo packs from local sources or a Hong Kong outlet such as Hobbyking, and as stated before, Li-Ions from camcorder batteries. Finding a PCM or charger might be a bit more difficult, though. You could probably use a hobby type charger, but it's pretty inelegant.

Back