Big GBA mod (DS lite mod) Version II

Gamerlolwind

Hay everyone,
this is my Big GBA mod, but now it's a Version II.

my first big GBA mod died by LED failure (the LED received too much power and stopped working and blew the ds motherboard, and then i got no power or charge light :( )

there was no recovery :( this happened during july sometime.

anyways, i bought a new ds lite and tried a different approach to the mod,

and it works! now with new features different from my version I big GBA mod (LED)

Features of Version I (LED Type):

DS Lite unit
Light Blue LED
Sliver DPad, A/B/X/Y buttons, Power switch, volume numb (taken from the silver ds lite i received to mod)
no DS Top screen
Ds Lite Touch/bottom screen
Slot 1: Acekard2i with 4GB Micro SDHC card
Slot 2: EZ-Flash 3in1 pack
no internal speaker,
sound comes from headphones via headphone jack or through my external saudio amp.
no wifi (not needed really!)
no microphone (yet!) as my microphone broke and i'll need to buy another and install it on the unit.
Brightness limited because of LED! can't switch brightness levels because system will shut down.

Features of Version II (DS Top screen Hidden Type):

DS Lite unit
no LED
Black DPad, Black A/X and silver B/Y buttons
DS Top screen (hidden and mounted with tesa Mirror tape and PVC tape)
Ds Lite Touch/bottom screen
Slot 1: Acekard2i with 4GB Micro SDHC card
Slot 2: EZ-Flash 3in1 pack
no internal speaker,
sound comes from headphones via headphone jack or through my external saudio amp.
no wifi (not needed really!)
Microphone installed on the unit.
Brightness isn't limited because of no LED! can switch brightness levels fine YAY!

Pics:

the mod took only a couple hours to do. 3 or 4.
since i have made a video for version i Big GBA mod, and the new features aren't that many, i don't think i need to add a video?

gamer

I'm going to be really honest, so don't get mad, but this is pretty bad. Why did you hide the top screen behind that hunk of plastic? You know you can run it without the top screen pretty easily right?

I have to agree with Zero and arena slicer, but try taking off the top screen and covering up that ugly part at the top. it would be kinda nice.

Back