Batteries to Power a Rev C Board?

legofan623

It seems almost impossible to find batteries that will satisfy the rev C board for under $70... These looked good, but I don't have a good way to charge them:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0018MXI4O...UTF8&colid=9ASSI4SNZ6RL&coliid=I2Y20ZRQ95751A.

I want something above 3200mAh and I read somewhere that rev C's need a 14.4v battery to cope for the voltage drop from low capacity. Am I looking for the wrong batteries to power a rev C, or am I just being a cheapskate?

EDIT: Will laptop batteries work if I can open them up and reposition their cells (if they have any)?
Then I could just jerry-rig an external laptop battery charger for "charge n' play". At the same time though, L-ION is scary :confused: .

Thanks for the info. I was actually looking at the same battery you had as option two, but I'm still not sure about it because of how sketchy it seems.

I would actually recommend building your own battery pack from individual lithium cells. This is the most space-efficient.

That's basically what I talked about in option three, except not as many batteries.

If I were you, I would build everything else first, and worry about batteries later, as the console will work fine without them.

Back