Back tracking questions :(

Ok in light of my rewiring the cartridge system 3 times, i figure i should ask the question before hand.
how much should i really strip the wire for the cart relocation? because the last time i did it, it did not turn out so hot.

and when looking at the board for the n64, the mobo has the holes in it, where the old pins used to be, basically what im asking is should i solder to the top of the whole or should i go straight through? because i've been going straight through the whole time

i know that i solder to the outer holes, but do i solder inside the hole, in other words should i put the wire through the hole and solder it?

If he desoldered the expansion slot instead of violently ripping it off like most people do, there will be holes on the outside pins.

It doesn't matter how you solder to these, so long as you make solid connections. Just remember to tin both contacts and use flux, and you should be all set.

If you didn't violently tear it off, I suggest you do next time. It works way better.

βeta said:
Segaes don't know about my 9" industrial pliers.
You got some nice little sissy pliers there, don't you? OH YES HE DOES, OH YES HE DOES! *pulls on cheeks*

I used Edward
edward-scissorhands.jpg

Back