Avg. N64 Temps. Or, how much heatsink do I really need?

I've heard the expansion pak needs cooling as well. Is this true, and if so how much is necessary?

SS confirmed that the expansion pack resets without any heatsinking. The special one I have for my portable has a really small heatsink and never shuts down. It's a cut-up version of the original, I'll get a pic up later.

The expansion pack in my Darth64 had no heatsink and the Darth64 had no fan and it NEVER shut down.

But in my new N64 I put a heatsink on it. You know just to be safe for the customer and all :)

Mario said:
SS confirmed that the expansion pack resets without any heatsinking. The special one I have for my portable has a really small heatsink and never shuts down. It's a cut-up version of the original, I'll get a pic up later.

I bump old threads.

Where/when did I confirm this? I seem to remember saying something like that, but it was quite a while ago. I know it does for LoZ MM, or atleast my setup did.

Also, hail, you may not have ever run any exp pack games. I bet there is some technobabble that marshallh or daftmike can say to affirm how it works, or if I'm right.

SS

ShockSlayer said:
Also, hail, you may not have ever run any exp pack games. I bet there is some technobabble that marshallh or daftmike can say to affirm how it works, or if I'm right.

SS

Hmm never thought about that ......

:tophat: Hey i know this is an old thread but if i was to not heat sink one thing what should it be?

i didnt order enough heatsinks and im out of cash so...

Ummm... That's not a very good Idea.

The RCP definately needs good heatsinks, but the CPU can work with the original heat block thing off the N64 in place. The RAM should get your other ordered heatsink.

Back