64 BOY wip Complete

Re: 64 BOY wip *UPDATE 03/06/10*

Speaking of the topic I finished painting the case. More to come.

IT LOOKS LIKE UNPROTECTED SECKS WITH PALMER DURING A WARM SUMMER NIGHT WITH THE BREEZE FLOWING THROUGH OUR HAIR. also, it looks awesome.

mako321 said:
IT LOOKS LIKE UNPROTECTED SECKS WITH PALMER DURING A WARM SUMMER NIGHT WITH THE BREEZE FLOWING THROUGH OUR HAIR. also, it looks awesome.
are you saying that the former is not in and of itself, awesome?
also, it looks awesome. :awesome:

I can't believe I haven't posted on this! You, sir, are a god! I love it when I come to the n64 section and there is a new post in this thread. I'm still back at the ZN-45 case stage. you have matured rapidly into a beautiful portablizer. Heck, I remember back when you were saying that discussions all went serious when you joined in! Great job, I can't wait until this is finished.

bentomo said:
Thanks guys for the help. I really don't get any help with n64s on benheck anymore.
That's actually kinda why I stopped posting there. Not enough help.

Re: 64 BOY wip *UPDATE 03/10/10* *56K*

Bentomo, your case looks even more stunning while I'm sitting here starting at chunks of abs plastic that I just cut off of my ZN-45. That is a work of beauty, and I salute thee.

@Zeturi - Also why I stopped posting there. Too many noobs, not enough helpful...anything.

I am jealous, as this is turning out great. I'm assuming that you're using a Gamecube Joystick?

I love that dpad so much, it feels so perfect on my controllers.

Yeah that's a gamecube controller. Though I didn't have any extra caps so I bought a used one on ebay, it's a little worn bu it's still a gamecube joystick. As for the d pad I do like it better then the original, it's smaller on the inside and more comfortable.

1-ani-phoenix-sweats.gif

I might have a problem....

I can't get the volume adjustment to work, I think it might be the wattage of the pot. It works with my other potentiometer but no the small one in the case.

The one in the case is rated at .1 watts and I don't know the one that works, I don't have the packaging anymore.

They are both 10Kohms though. The only way the small one works it to bridge the wiper and voltage terminal, this of course means it's just bridged and the volume can be adjusted.

Is there a way to add wattage to a potentiometer? I doubt it but it's the only pot that I have that fits, radio shack doesn't have any that small and I don't want to order small ones because it would take a week then I wouldn't be able to bring it to mgc. Oh I'm in a pickle.

(by the way I'm using the TPA6021A4 amp)

THANK YOU OHMS LAW!!

I added another 10k trimmer that's rated at .75 watts, now it works fine. The reason I didn't use the second one because it was slightly too big and it's a precision one so it would take 15 turns to get to max volume.

Oh well, back on track now.

The front half is done, and with some video updates. There are also pictures in the first post.

Re: 64 BOY wip *UPDATE 03/13/10*

Now when I'm done I'll be able to play pokemon yellow portable! :)

....wait >_>

Back