2 PS2 CONTROLLERS detected as PS1 controllers

Hello, I'm new and probably very noob compared to you all, I just repaired two old controllers, replacing the flexible circuit board with a new one, the new one had wrong value of the resistor "printed" in it (19k, should be about 7-9k) so I soldered a 12K resistance to pin 7 and 8 to correct that with a parallel and now they work very well, the only problem is the ps2 thinks they are ps1 controllers! Both are PS2 dual shock A (late version) like this http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/pcb_di ... agram7.jpg
Even if I remove the resistor and put back the old original circuit (obviously getting some buttons always pressed because old ribbon circuit is faulty) they are always detected as ps1 controllers.
Bad model, prone to break motherboards? (one of them was unopened before me)
Could you help me please?
Thanks

just a few questions;
does this cause a problem?
did you buy them second hand?
and are any of your other controllers doing the same thing?

Thank you all for using your time to help me.
I want to point out that the replacement circuit si PERFECTLY the same as the original except for the value of the resistor that is wrong, one side of the resistor is connected to a terminal in each button, but the resistor itself is also connected to pin 7 and 8 directly, adding a resistor in parallel allowed me to get a value very close to the original.
The problem was: (still detected as ps1 controllers) if I pressed the buttons firmly, another button untouched was detected as pressed, only pressing very lightly everything worked right, with the added resistor I changed all the values for each button all at the same time, "translating" them, I repeat, I just copied accurately the original ribbon circuits, also checked value of a (different model) fully working DS2 I have and decided I needed about 8K detected between pin 7 and 8, all this was consistent with 3 controllers ribbon circuit I have, I believe the value now is ok. I also tested with several PS2 (3), all work good with the fully working one and a third party one, but every ps2 detected as ps1 controllers the two controllers that have this problem.
I checked that topic you people suggest weeks ago, but doesn't help, I mean I already knew that.(notice I'm talking about a different motherboard, but also have one like in that thread fully working and took measurements on it's circuit, decided the correct range of values of the resistor checking also that, always got coherent values)
How can the ORIGINAL faulty circuits give me the same problem (detected as DS1) with both?
The controllers were given to me by some friends, again, one was unopened, very good exterior condition, cleaned looks new. in games that works they are perfect, of course no pressure sensitive buttons....
Faulty motherboards? Other than copying the original circuit accurately I'm out of ideas.
I need those just for LAN party with Star Wars Battlefront 2, they can't be used for that game now.
I played them fine with Gran Turismo 4, I suppose that game works with PS1 controllers right? (even if it supports pressure sensitive buttons?)
Edit:
Checked, GT4 works perfectly with my gray original PS1 controllers

Back