The XGC; SS's Most B-E-A-utiful portable ever!

I DID SOME THINGS ON THIS TODAY

1. I accidentally booted up the portable while holding the screen menu button. An "F" appeared in the middle of the screen. Then, after pressing the button again, I get this:

IMG_1241.jpg

I'm not sure who this Maria is, but I fear for her safety. I can change those two values. I don't know what they do. :U

2. I made a spacer!

IMG_1244.jpg

It's too big(11.2mm), it needs to be trimmed, probably to about 7-8mm.

SS

ShockSlayer said:
1. I accidentally booted up the portable while holding the screen menu button. An "F" appeared in the middle of the screen. Then, after pressing the button again, I get this:

I'm not sure who this Maria is, but I fear for her safety. I can change those two values. I don't know what they do. :U

SS
Did some looking into this because of insomnia, and discovered VCOM is a reference voltage used in TFT-LCD screens. You need to have the proper VCOM voltage to keep the screen from flickering and other such non-sense.

Woah holy flax that's relevant to my interests.

The interface on the 4.3" screens are similar to this one, I bet you can get this menu to pop up with those too. They have an occasional "flicker" problem, I wonder if tweaking this setting would help fix that?

SS

If you can put that in there and not explode I'll feel much better about using LiPo's in my portables. SS guinea pig FTW.

Ran the portable on a full charge till it died. I didn't measure the time but I'm pretty sure my estimates match up.

As soon as it died, I opened it right up and felt the batteries. They were really, really hot. No swelling or anything, but that temperature...it makes me nervous.

I mean, they aren't exactly right up against the back of the motherboard, the WKF, Qoob, and internal memory card are in-between it, plus whatever wires happen to be in the neighborhood. But it's a small portable and everything's so close together.
I guess I'm just not a fan of the added heat. The portable would probably be fine with another fan in it, and maybe some more vents, especially considering my current amount of vents is the intake for the fan, and that's it. :dah:

I think I'll do that, run some tests that way. Of course, I'm going to want to run this one again, actually take down some numbers.

SS

Great job getting batteries in there!

You are the creator of the smallest portable gamecube and smallest portable N64. No big deal.

I guess I should get measurements for the Envision. Preeeetttty sure the XGC is ganna be smaller. But yeah hot batteries is not a good thing.

My cylindrical batteries definitely got warm at times, but they never seemed truly "hot" But I am also channeling most of the heat towards the back of the case and away from the batteries.

If there is any way to get a microfan or 2 in there, go for it. Definitely give it some breathing holes. I hope you get it cooler. :)

just throw in a vent on the opposite side of the back as your other vent and you should be golden

ShockSlayer said:
I accidentally booted up the portable while holding the screen menu button. An "F" appeared in the middle of the screen. Then, after pressing the button again, I get this:

IMG_1241.jpg

Tried this last night on both Fusion Micro's. Apparently Maria only lives inside of 3.5" e-bay screens as no matter what I tried I just couldn't get these magic adjustable #'s to pop up. :/

Dang.

Christmas Eve for me means going over to my grandma's house for a few hours and usually opening presents from her but she's poor now so she doesn't have any. So I'll be playing my XGC for a good duration.

I'll be taking the temperature gun and a screwdriver.

SS

Back