Retro Duo power draw is low!

SpecialHam

So im currently working on my GCp and Snesp (Retro Duo) and I discovered that the retro duo
only draws 81mah in nes mode and 253mah in snes mode at 5 volts.

You could run this thing with only 3 AA batteries if ye wanted to :D

Thought I should share that info. Hope its helpful :mrgreen:

it does not draw mah, it draws mA. mA is milli-Amperes, which measures the amount of current drawn at a given time. mAh is milli-Ampere Hours, which is current drawn over the time it's being drawn.

For the mathematically inclined, Current (I) measures the movement of charge (q) over time (t). I(t) = dq(t)/dt
So if you take the integral of current over a period of time (say from t0 to t1), you're measuring charge: integral(I(t) dt) = integral(dq(t)/dt * dt) = q(t1)-q(t0)

class dismissed.

grossaffe said:
it does not draw mah, it draws mA. mA is milli-Amperes, which measures the amount of current drawn at a given time. mAh is milli-Ampere Hours, which is current drawn over the time it's being drawn.

For the mathematically inclined, Current (I) measures the movement of charge (q) over time (t). I(t) = dq(t)/dt
So if you take the integral of current over a period of time (say from t0 to t1), you're measuring charge: integral(I(t) dt) = integral(dq(t)/dt * dt) = q(t1)-q(t0)

class dismissed.
I think that generally people that confuse units with and without time have yet to see derivatives and integrals

Back