My W.I.P. for the Super NintendoBoy

Plover I don't know if you already said this or not, but how much did it take for them to cut your plastic that you made? Or did they also, make it from a design you gave them?

How much money? Only a little over $40, it was like $40.48, pr something. I gave them a PDF of the plates.

And pkmnjunky, read the whole post. I'll get them up when I can, and edit them into that post.

I edited the first post on this page with the pictures. CHeck them out.

No one liekz it? :(

(P.S. I also updated the first page with a summarized version of all my updates)

Weaponelipsion's IC came two days ago, and I finished the controller boards last night. I'll post pictures whenever I feel like it.

Well, new updates summarizing my recent question topics:

• I'm pretty sure the IC WeaponElipsion sent me didn't work, because the controller board isn't working. I need to make new boards, hopefully I can get a SNES IC and some rubber tact switches for the next controller boards. It would be less of a pain in the ass to make new ones than to fix the current ones. By the way, I need one 10kohm resistor for each tact switch, correct? And I connect all of the resistors together as the ground, correct?

• A fuse blew on my SNES. I bought a new SNES. Same fuse blew, and I have no clue how. The second board was unaltered (save for 5 rewired capacitors) so that's a puzzler. But I can get new fuses at RadioShack, which is good.

• I got the wood all set for the battery covers. I got the battery backers installed (yes, I'm using external batteries. I'm using the book's design.) and one of the battery covers has the battery terminals glued in. I need more engraving plastic to velcro over the batteries.

• I got a new PSone screen which works, so that's good. Unfortunately, I wasted all my LEDs on the other PSone screen and I can't do anything in the new one until I get more LEDs.

• Still no aluminum for the outer walls... :(

pLover said:
Well, new updates summarizing my recent question topics:

• I'm pretty sure the IC WeaponElipsion sent me didn't work, because the controller board isn't working. I need to make new boards, hopefully I can get a SNES IC and some rubber tact switches for the next controller boards. It would be less of a pain in the ass to make new ones than to fix the current ones. By the way, I need one 10kohm resistor for each tact switch, correct? And I connect all of the resistors together as the ground, correct?

I would try just soldering the wires to the IC and touching the appropriate wires together to see if the IC works. It seems more likely to me that your connections on the controller board are bad...

Eh, I don't want to undo the whole thing. Too much work would be gone for nothing.

But I'm still going to test it again when I get the new SNES fuse. I'm still not totally sure that it doesn't work.

Just asking, but are you sure you rewired your capacitors the right way? If that's what you did to the last board, and had a blown fuse, and the same reaction happened with this board, then maybe you switched one of the capacitor's polarity on accident?

I'm pretty sure. I'll check when I get back home (I'm in Florida)

If I do have a capacitor wired wrong, though, will the SNES work when I wire it correctly?

Never mind, if a capacitor was wired backwards, you'd have known immediately. Smoke billowing, explosions, etc. The SNES definitely won't work, but I'm still not sure what keeps blowing your fuse. Like Robm said, there could be a short somewhere.

Check for any blobs of solder or stray pieces of wire that could be touching some connections. Even better, could you post a good pic of both boards?

Yes. Once I get home, I'll post right away. Also, did anyone need pics of the controller boards? Because I have some on my computer.

Well, I haven't updated this in a LOOOONG time. Lots of new stuff, but no pics. My computer isn't as much of a dick as before, but it's still a dick, so no pictures.

• I got a new SNES
• Got the capacitors, but I haven't rewired them. I'm out of IDE cable.
• Relocated the cart slot
• Built the controller, I have yet to wire it to the SNES. It uses a SNES controller IC and rubber tact switches.
• Got the batteries and the PCB (3.7v, I don't remember the mAh)
• Ordered the charger, should get here either Saturday or Monday
• Fixed the screen, but it can't be LED modded. Too much solder on the ribbon cable clamp. :( (tested)
• I got StarFox as a present for all the "hard work" I've done with the SSATs and applying out. (Unrelated, but I like it anyway :p )

So now I've got all the main electronic components, and I don't need to do a whole lot more to get them all working together. All that's left is making the case, and getting a few switches or buttons for things like power, extra brightness, etc.

Back