GameCubeMini ~ Worklog

LOCtronicz

Formerly known as zenloc
This is going to be my newest and smallest gamecube portable. I still haven't decided yet if I'm going to use a psp case or the blue case show in the pics. As I am going to have to choose between a 3.5" or 4.3" screen.

Specs:
Smallest cut gamecube board modded with wiikey fusion for sd loading
7.4v custom regulator
built in 2056 memorycard (slot-A)
built in sd gecko (slot-B)
built in rumble (2x 3v mini motors) with on/off switch
Mini pad buttons (GC style)
2x Tapwave zodiac analog sticks (check pics for size comparison) or 2x psp analog sticks (depends on actual case I'm going to use)
7.4v 5A polymer battery (up to 2 hours of game play)
built in sound amp with mini speakers and headphone jack
Av out

Here's a couple of pics. I will post any new info as I progress.

Blue case I bought at a local toy store
img2011030200173.jpg

img2011030200174.jpg

Xbox-minigamecube-tapwave zodiac analog in that order
img2011030200175.jpg

img2011030200176.jpg

Cut motherboard
img2011031600222.jpg

img2011031600223.jpg

img2011031600226.jpg

What do you think? a 3.5" screen or a 4.3" screen? Making it into a psp would be awesome though!! Ofcourse it will be a bit fatter than the original case but he it would look cool. Just don't know about the button placement. Those psp analog are not my favourite.

If you have any suggestions send them over. I want this to be the best gamecube portable ever created :mrgreen:

Re: GameCubePocket worklog

::3: Oh Lord thats amazing.

I'd go with the blue case, looks a lot more comfortable.

Agreed with DK on the case. Also, any tips on where to get those tapwave zodiac sticks? Ive been looking for my PCp and cant find any.

It actually took me a second to recognize that that was a gamecube motherboard.

exploding+head.jpg

SS

EDIT: Again, Holy flax.
EDIT2: Jesus Christ.

I bought all that guy's tapwave analog's. A couple of hundered I believe. You can't get these anywhere anymore as they are not being manufactured.

I might sell a few but I plan on using everyone of them. So we'll see.

Yeah the blue case is definitly more interesting. I might just do both :p

HOLY CRAP WHAT HAVE I WITNESSED. Are you a god in everything you do? Excellent work!

I also agree that the blue case looks comfier, and I'd also prefer it if it allowed you to use those Tapwave Zodiac analogs. It would be very sweet irony to use a PSP case, because of all the youtube hate comments that always suggest a PSP is better than any of our projects.

I cannot wait to see the finished product.

I remember thinking about putting a GC in a PSP a bit ago, but it would never have fit with the DD.

But now it's possible. *head explodes*

zenloc said:
I bought all that guy's tapwave analog's. A couple of hundered I believe. You can't get these anywhere anymore as they are not being manufactured.

I might sell a few but I plan on using everyone of them. So we'll see.

Yeah the blue case is definitly more interesting. I might just do both :p
ALL OF THEM? Dang.

What would it take you to sell a few? :D

Also, how does the 4.3" screen compare to the PSP's normal screen (as far as size)?

The PSP screen (at least on my 1000) measures roughly 4.3 inches. Since they're both widescreen, it should be pretty much the same.

Impressive, you cut quite everything :eek: Aren't you affraid to cut all the filtering capacitors?... you're regulator may suffer no ? :confused:
But on your pictures, I don't see any wires for the sound :ninj: (I have watched the mobo's traces so much in 2 days that I'm starting to know it by heart)... but I'm glad to understand a little bit where you trimmed :)
Again, thanks for your help ! :D

How could you put a PSP screen ? :eek: even the resolution is not good for the Gamecube :confused:

where did you relocate your 3.4v line and how does that still work when i cut off the gameboy port section my cube stoped working
EDIT: never mind you can ignore this i fixed it

Here are some new pics of the case. Since this is my prototype I'm using the good old frankencasing techniek.

img2011040700323.jpg

img2011040700324.jpg

img2011040700325.jpg

img2011040700326.jpg

Still plenty of work to do. More pics next week. I'm gonna remodel my workspace this weekend so won't have any time to work on the project.

Back