GameCube Fusion Rev. 3

hey i know your not currently doing commissions but how much would it cost someone to commission you for one when you are able to

These portables are so good that I find myself falling into convulsions of ecstasy upon seeing them. :p

If you were to make a portable GC with no screen or controls, what would the dimensions look like?

Thanks again everyone!

I am legend said:
hey i know your not currently doing commissions but how much would it cost someone to commission you for one when you are able to

For this particular unit I'd probably charge around $900-950. More than most people want to pay. I strongly encourage people to DIY, you'll get much more satisfaction out of it.

PalmerTech said:
These portables are so good that I find myself falling into convulsions of ecstasy upon seeing them. :p

If you were to make a portable GC with no screen or controls, what would the dimensions look like?

Honestly the screen and controls take up very little room in this thing. The majority of the unit is batteries and motherboard. Its entirely feasible to have a gamecube "portable" the size of a wallet though, provided you don't want batteries/screen/controls built in. Actually it sounds like a decent idea for a pretty cool mod besides a portable, Mini Cube. Shrink ray power up, initializing.... :D

That is good to hear. My other hobby is building head mounted displays, it would be pretty cool to have a GC (Or even better, a Wii) in something you could clip onto your belt. Hold a controller, wear an HMD, and you would be all set! :awesome:

... wasn't that Thursty's doing or something?...

But yeah, I kinda have a project that's just a gamecube modded to fit in a much smaller shell... I just completely lack motivation to work on it seeing as I don't have a controller, games, or a wiikey for it... that, and I'm lazy.

I've worked on his Gamecube portable, i made repairs to it recently.

But I made him an N64 portable that he strapped to his chest, and held a controller in a similar fasion to the gamecube portable.

GCF Rev. 3: 95mm(W) x 192mm(L) x 30mm(H) = 547200mm³
Envision: 104.78mm(W) x 165mm(L) x 35mm(H) = 587108.81mm³

EDIT: If I take the rounded corners of the envision into account we get 587108.81mm³ Envision is still bigger by a solid 40,000mm³ :p

So Ashen's got me beat! (granted the Envision houses a 5" screen and progressive....so that buffs it up).

Those pictures made it seem a little bigger, can we hope for a video someday Ashen? :D

Tchay said:
the Envision houses a 5" screen and progressive....so that buffs it up

IMG_0064-1.jpg

;)

Yea, expect a little video sooner or later. My lifes been turned upside down right now for an unforseen amount of time, so not sure when I'll get to it.

Dude I just want one. With progressive and everything.

I don't care that I can make a gamecube portable myself, yours are better. Plain and simple.

Ashen, maybe that's indiscrete but what happened to you? I mean you say your life's been turned around, if you wanna tell us.. I'm sure we'd be sympathetic

Ben, <3

Nothing really too earth shattering Lyberty, I got tossed onto the graveyard shift where I work for the time being... So I generally always feel tired and like flax now. Its very demotivating.

Bah, I've been on third shift for 7 months now. It has it's perks... Like you can choose any part of the day to have to yourself. Hella lot better than working on a beautiful day like this.

5" Screen model is done! :D :D

It pretty much an exact replica of the first with the obvious larger screen. Only other differences are that in this one I regulated the CPU and GPU seperately, so I should get better batter life. Also this one has the component cable chip installed for crystal clear 480p VGA display in all of the GameCubes glory. With Swiss flashed to the Wiikey, I can easily force ALL GameCube games from all regions to display in 480p and the newest SVN version of Swiss even supports forcing games to a "non stretched" 16:9 aspect ratio (see Zelda SS below), So even Beta can't Sega about the screen. ;)

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

Internals FTW:

IMG_0151.jpg

This one was a real challenge to get closed on account of the larger screen and all the sheiled wires I had to Run to it for VGA in. Plus the other stuff I mentioned I crammed into this one that wasn't in the first. At any rate, I managed to keep it exactly the same thickness of the 1st one:

IMG_0168.jpg

I swear to god I'm going to finish all the other projects I've got started now. No more GC's for a while. ;)

First unit with the 4.3" screen is for sale if anyone is interested. PM me and we can haggle, serious inquiries only, first come, first served.

Back