GameCube Fusion Rev. 3

Ashen

GameCube Révolutionary
Yar, another one done from 'ol Ashen. Been being lazy/busy playing this thing lately and haven't made up any video yet. Figured I'd post the pics I took though. I'll likely make up a little video sometime in the near/distant future.

Specs/Features!:

Custom Vacuum formed case, slightly frankencased.
Dimensions: 95 mm (h) 192 mm (w) 30mm (d). - Comparatively the PSVita is: 84 mm (h) 182 mm (w) 19mm (d).
Weight: 1.55 lbs
4.3" DX "backup monitor" Screen
OMGWTF/AlmostWTF hybrid cut GameCube motherboard (onboard audio pre-amp retained) + IBM Laptop heatsink/fan
Wiikey Fusion!
4x 2600mah Lithium-Ion Batterys (7.4v 5200mah total) = Roughly 2 hours playtime.
Zenloc's custom regulator: CPU/GPU=1.7v, 3.35v and 5v for maximum battery life.
Official GameCube controller with rumble relocation, iPhone 3Gs rumble motor, 3DS analog "sliders", DSlite buttons (hotswappable a/b buttons) and d-pad and fully functional L/R "triggers" via the dual tact mod.
Internal 128mb Memory card on slot "A", Internal SD Gecko on slot "B". Save game transfer possible via external adapter.
iPod/iPhone audio amp with DSLite speakers + switching headphone jack.
Mario's low battery indicator circuit. Active @ ~20 minutes left.

Pics!:

DSCN1540.jpg

DSCN1526.jpg

DSCN1530.jpg

DSCN1531.jpg

DSCN1533.jpg

Hope you guys like! Enjoy.

Tim, do you think you could work some magic for me with one of those pics when you get some time?

I love it. The sharp corners aren't my thing, but that is sleek and sexy.

Ashen said:
Tim, do you think you could work some magic for me with one of those pics when you get some time?
It'll take a tad extra because I lack real internet right now, but me and my lil 3g connection will be right on it. ;)

Awesome portable, it's great to see it all together.

Thanks guys. This ones so much fun to play. :D

Take all the time you need Tim. No rush man.

Noah said:
Dang Ashen. You're going to fit an N64 and a 64Drive into one of these cases?

Yes, easily.

I love it, very nice work. But I'm having a tough time seeing the right size of this thing. Can you hold it in your hands just to give a better idea how small it is?

reeeeaaaaalllyyy sexy man, nice work. does the red led in the upper right by the screen light up when it's powered on?

EDIT: take that back, it's probably the low battery indicator, am i right?

Back