Batteryspace 7.4v Charge Management Board

βeta

ModRetro Legend
I said:
Hi, I'm interested in the CMB for 7.4V Li-Ion battery packs ( http://www.batteryspace.com/cmbfor74vli ... ction.aspx ) but it seems to be permanently out of stock. Any idea if it will ever be available again?

Thanks

-Julian

Batteryspace said:
]Hi Julian,

Thanks for your email. This product is not mature yet, we are still testing and modify the data on this board. It might take a while until we can sell it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards, :)

Jasmine Sun

It's a protection circuit that doesn't require a smart charger, it just takes a power brick.

Basically, creates the ability to play and charge at the same time.

I have a protection circuit like this, it came in one of those DVD player lipoly batteries, forget the model number, it's really common though.

That isn't what it does at all. All it does is let you do away with the smart charger. If you use a higher amperage wall wart, yeah, you can charge and play just fine.

Snowpenguin, you really should talk less. You're always wrong.

You're making no sense.

You just COMPLETELY confirmed exactly what I said.

Since most smart chargers only give enough amps to charge the battery, they can't power the system as well. This allows you to use a larger amperage power supply to charge and play at the same time.

That's really one of the only reasons you'd spend the extra money on this than on a normal pcb.

exactly what I said.
exactly what you said.

;)

snowpenguin said:
Basically, creates the ability to play and charge at the same time.
snowpenguin said:
Since most smart chargers only give enough amps to charge the battery, they can't power the system as well. This allows you to use a larger amperage power supply to charge and play at the same time.

Same thing.

Without this, you can't really charge and play off of a single wallwart because no such smart charger exists.

With this, you can.

Creates the ability to play and charge at the same time.

Same thing.

You're just straight up retarded.
I have a 1.5A 7.4V smart charger on my desk. RIGHT. NOW.

Guess what.

That's not enough to power half of portables ALONE, let alone charge the battery at the same time.

edit: although

I just noticed

that link

1.5a

dfufufufu

They'll make one with a higher limit, almost surely.

Will power the system, probably. Plus a screen? Probably *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing not. Plus a battery to charge? Heck NO

No, it will definitely do all of those things. At the same time. Get out of my thread.

Smart charger outputs a set current to the batteries.

The rest can be used for powering system.

N64 draws about 1.1amps on 3.3v, and a couple hundred mA on 12v I think? So you're already at at least 1.3 amps, leaving 200 mA for charging.

Eh.

And on top of that, 350 mA LED modded PSone screen.

Not gonna happen.

SMART AND KNOWLEDGEABLE AND OLDER BETA VS NAIVE AND IGNORANT SNOWPENGUIN

WHO WINS?

29734,xcitefun-random-funny-01.jpg

A smart charger doesn't have a lot of extra power to spare.

As Snow mentioned it outputs a set mA in a sort of "trickle charge" to charge the batteries properly.

I don't think even having a 3A smart charger (if one existed) would actually output enough to power a Psone/screen or N64/screen combo. They just don't work that way.

Back