Search results

1. X

Some general questions.

Ok so I have some general questions on some stuff I have been putting off on my GCP build. 1. How much heat paste do I need to put between the heat sink and the ICs? The gc seemed to have a lot on when I first took it apart. 2. How much air flow is needed over the original gamecube heat sink...
  2. X

Possible problem with controller when tested?

Edit: oops I forgot to ground all the buttons to the controller, every thing was just floating. :lolscroll: Still wondering about that test program... I have wired my dpad and start button to my official gc controller IC and went to test it and ran into some problems. I am 90% sure that it...
  3. X

Need tips for soldering to IC chip or alternitive.

Ok so its time for me to solder the triggers/abxy and analog sticks back to a cut board of a gamecube contoller and I need some tips for soldering to the main IC. Ok so first I was going to solder to the vias vs the IC but I could not get the solder to join with the via's copper. So I tried...
  4. X

AV to VGA?

Is it possible to wire the two together without a converter? I was wondering if I could since I want to play my gamecube on this old 4:3 pc monitor on a road trip this Friday.
  5. X

Quick Audio Jack question.

Does a audio jack require a amplifier or can I just connect it strait to the av sound output? I am making a temporary set up on my portable.
  6. X

Wasp fails to initiate?

So I was testing my rev c board that has a mega drive v5 soldered to it with a wasp but every time I boot the gc it freezes and doesn't spin to the gc menu. Is there any solutions to this? I am almost absolutely sure it is not the wasp, since I have been testing it on another cube and it works...
  7. X

Is this a removable/connectable connector?

As in being able to connect and disconnect the orange ribbon cable between this lcd screen and driver board?
  8. X

Official Gamecube controller mapped traces and pins

Here is one of the Official Gamecube controllers that I mapped out the traces for. I made this to reference later on for my current project and decided I would share the info. This particular version has the left analog stick mounted by two screws. (As far as I know there are three different...
  9. X

Another Wasp/wiikey swiss question (sorry guys)

So I installed a wasp with a megadrive v5 from badass consolles and I have gotten this far in the swiss menu, hopefully I am a noob and there is a easy step or something I missed? I have a 32gb fat32 formatted card in the slot with a single iso. (also is iso the correct format the game needs...
  10. X

Signs of a fried GC? and wasp/wiikey question.

Ok so what are the signs of a fried gc? Will it look similar to if a dvd drive is not hooked up? Also, I just soldered a megadrive v5 to my CPU-30: Edit just tested with lid switch bridged and p29 to gamecube ground. LED on wasp does not illuminate. Any suggestions? EDIT: Edit: AHHH I got it...
  11. X

How to remove material that covers green board chip?

I have a few 3rd party gamecube controllers that I will be modifying soon and was wondering if it is possible to remove the black material that covers the main control chip? Example:
  12. X

Screen help for a PS2 Laptop Build

Hey, I am currently in the process of making a GameCube portable and got a new project idea from when I had to purchase a solder sucker from radio shack. The case the solder sucker came in looks as if it would be a perfect size for a PS2 laptop. I am planning on making a PS2 laptop out of the...
  13. X

Screen Mounting Methods/Techniques?

What are some of the methods yall have used to mount screens in a potable case? Maybe make some custom mounts and have the exterior screen hole be a bit smaller then the screen to hold it in? But then it would not be flush... The screen I am useing: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5-0-inch ...
  14. X

xy007's first GCP

Hey, I go by xy007. This is my progress so far on my portable game cube: What I am Using: 5" lcd screen ZN40 case MC25100V2 Mini Fans x2 1 official and 1 3rd party controller Rev C board wasp audio amp from walmart v5 megadrive 12 ebay tact switches Need to do as of 8/5/2015: Solder...
Back