Possible problem with controller when tested?

xy007

Edit: oops I forgot to ground all the buttons to the controller, every thing was just floating. :lolscroll:
Still wondering about that test program...

I have wired my dpad and start button to my official gc controller IC and went to test it and ran into some problems. I am 90% sure that it is due to floating of the analog stick/c stick since those are not connected yet.

The way I tested it was just through the main gamecube menu, when I would plug the controller in and it would randomly either go left/right/up/down then stay there. So I remembered that Swiss has a fast and slow scroll speed when navigating through games via dpad and analog stick. When I loaded swiss it scrolled through the games fast like how the analog stick does, and it would stop if I held down one of the dpad buttons. So I am pretty sure its just the floating analog stick.

Have any of you had similar situations?

Also I remember from some where that there was some sort of game/software that detected controller inputs. Is it publicly available or is it private? Is there some place I can get it?

Edit: and also nothing is bridged, I have checked multiple times before when I tested it.

img of my board:
GDpzmQ1h.jpg

Your best bet is to attach some potentiometers to eliminate the floating. The gamecube controller sends the digital signals first then the analog signals of the sticks in a single bit stream, and the byte for the analog sticks just so happens to be next to the d-pad so there could be some misinterpretation but it's most likely just the floating value constantly changing.

I had that issue when I was wiring mine, it always wanted to go up and left. After I finished wiring every single button it was fine.

Back