3D Printed N64p Casing - Unfinished - $60

Downing

Hey guys,

I've got a spare 3D printed N64 casing I'm looking to unload. This was for my kit commission that I was doing but because the addition of new components for that kit, the casing had several redesigns and needed to be printed again. Since I'll most likely be using those from now one, I'd like to unload this one.

This took over 10 hours to fully print and is a 5 piece set and also includes the cart mounting brackets and top heat vent.

Let me know if you're interested.

20160227_155559_zpscpgsdgml.jpg

How did you print that in just 10 hours? What is your nozzle diameter and what print settings did you use (speed, layer height, etc.)? Sorry for the questions, I've a 3D printer myself and with the usual print settings that I use it would take a lot more than 10 hours to print a case like that :D

It's because it's a "modular" print. What you see there are actually 5 different 3D printed pieces. 2 brackets and 2 face plates and the cart cover. You wouldn't think that would make a difference but the fact it reduces print head travel time by quite a bit (going from one side to the other or having to print inside structures), modular printing seems to be the way to go for speed.

Downing said:
It's because it's a "modular" print. What you see there are actually 5 different 3D printed pieces. 2 brackets and 2 face plates and the cart cover. You wouldn't think that would make a difference but the fact it reduces print head travel time by quite a bit (going from one side to the other or having to print inside structures), modular printing seems to be the way to go for speed.
Yeah I know, but still I wouldn't be able to print a case like this one in 10 hours. From what I can see from the pictures it looks like you are using a pretty large nozzle diameter (I'd say .4 or .5mm), am I right? Thanks

Yeah, I think it's .4mm. It's pretty coarse and I printed this using .3mm layer height.

Downing said:
Yeah, I think it's .4mm. It's pretty coarse and I printed this using .3mm layer height.
Oh ok, I have a .3mm nozzle and I print using .2mm layer height. Thanks again for the answer :)

Back