xbox dvd drive needed

If you're just trying to get it to boot up, you can literally plug in any DVD drive.
If you want to use a drive again, I'd be looking for a samsung to replace the hitachi.

The OG xbox isn't that particular about what dvd drive you plug in. Only HDDs

ttsgeb said:
If you're just trying to get it to boot up, you can literally plug in any DVD drive.
If you want to use a drive again, I'd be looking for a samsung to replace the hitachi.

The OG xbox isn't that particular about what dvd drive you plug in. Only HDDs
i already have it booting up amjust looking foragood dvd drive and also where can i get a samsung

You said in your original post you only need the PCB part- does this mean you don't need to use the drive to read disks? If so (like gebbers said) you should be able to plug in any IDE DVD drive's board. That'll be a heck of a lot cheaper than trying to get an actual Xbox-compatible drive.

On the original Xbox IIRC the only thing locked to the mobo is the HDD. As long as that matches and it detects the other hardware (IDE drive, controller port daughterboards, etc) it should boot up.

I have one. Couldnt say what make as I dont have it on me and it would be shipping from the UK if you wanted it

i only need the pcb cuz i already have every other part and i already check ebayband llamas and that dvd drive is something that will not work

hi i have a few xbox dvd drives lying around im bound to have a samsung drive if your willing to pay postage and maybe give a some help time in the future i will send you one no problem

notsosleepy said:
hi i have a few xbox dvd drives lying around im bound to have a samsung drive if your willing to pay postage and maybe give a some help time in the future i will send you one no problem
awsome but i prefer a hitachi one , the one that was made in 2004 if not then al have to take the samsung one

Back