WTB NES lockout chip

bentomo

Frequent Poster
I'm looking to buy a new nes lockout chip, I was detaching the pin from the board and it came clean off by accident. So I need another one. I've heard some games require it for timing or better video on some games so I was going to build a switch on the pin.

Anyone got one for cheap. I only need the ic do if you don't have any desoldering stuff you could just cut a square around it with a dremel.

That way you could even use an envelope if you want.

if it was just the pin that came off you could scrape away at the IC until some of the pin shows then solder to that. i've had to do it a few times. saves you money.

Can't you just pull one out of a game? I thought the ones there and the ones on the nes were the same.

That's what I thought but I'm not sure if the NES one is the same, different number and stuff like that.

But my local books and more has like 6 copies of mario bros / duck hunt

I just need an original nes one.

They're interchangeable, trust me. A quote from Mr. Heckendorn himself: "I actually smashed the original lockout chip as I tried to remove it. Luckily I had a worthless Super Mario Bros. cartridge laying around and I simply pulled a lockout chip from that. I then was able to use this "lockout chipless" cartridge in my NES to test it - yup, it worked!"

Back