WTB: Laptop

Ampersand said:
Ewww. Can you go on Can You Run it, see if it'll run TF2, Seyiji? That'd be great.
I'm not sure how much I have to say this, but it's not all the graphics card. And the Intel Mobile 965 will not run TF2.

J.D said:
Ampersand said:
Ewww. Can you go on Can You Run it, see if it'll run TF2, Seyiji? That'd be great.
I'm not sure how much I have to say this, but it's not all the graphics card. And the Intel Mobile 965 will not run TF2.
Really JD? I was just playing with you.

lol J.D? 512MB RAM and 1.6 GHz minimum... Most PCs made in the last five years have that. So yeah, mostly graphics card.

Bo, interested. I'm sure I've asked you for specs before, but... Specs?

Ampersand said:
lol J.D? 512MB RAM and 1.6 GHz minimum... Most PCs made in the last five years have that. So yeah, mostly graphics card.

TF2, and Source engine games in general, is far more CPU-dependent than most games. The Source engine is designed with average computers in mind, where many will have decent processors but terrible graphics chipsets. Having a good graphics card helps greatly, however.

A 965 will most likely not run any game newer than Quake III Arena playably. It certainly won't run Team Fortress 2.

Amper, laptops in your price range probably wont play most games well or at all.

Well my price engine is up to $300, I just would rather spend less than that, since I don't need a powerhouse.

If you want to be playing TF2 you might have to raise your budget up like $150-$200. Cheap laptops that have come out before 2008 will most likely not run TF2 over 20FPS.

Perhaps the $20 for the Vaio could be bumped up to $30? I just realized I'm much more tight on money right now and really need to get some. If that seems unfair to you, $20 is fine.

Well I have not used the laptop in like 4 years. But all I know is that it is a Dell Laptop. Very good for playing games and stuff.

Back