WOAH! I got a interview with this fancy repair company!

epicelite

Frequent Poster
I was bored and on craigslist and saw this job ad for a "components tester" or something like that, I e-mailed them and was all liek "Yeah I hobby around in electronics and stuffz" and they called me back! (of course it was in resume form, with good grammar.)

The companies name is "Encompass Group Affiliates, Inc."

Well anyway the person that called me said due to my experience (I guess my small amount is more then most people?) I can do something even better and repair LCD/Plasma TV's!

$10-$12hr! That deserves a :awesome: !

So anyway, do you think they will offer training or they expect me to be really good at this already? I am not as bad as I used to be. Still no expert.

IN B4 SOMEONE POSTS THAT PIC OF HORRIBLE SOLDERING!

So anyway this is the first real JOB interview I have ever had, working at a grocery store doesn't count as a real job IMO. :ninj:

So anyway the interview is on the 12'th! I got my fancy clothes and tie ready! What else do I need here? :gonk: Gonna get a haircut too.

Here is their website.
http://www.encompass.com/

He asked a question, so it's not blogging! Who came up with that loophole anyway?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAY GUIIIIISE!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: I'm an admin! Does that count? :dah:

Cool, I hope it goes well for you! There isn't a no-blogging rule here, but the general consensus says unnecessary blogging of unrelated things is not proper netiquette on a forum.

SS

All participants in thread banned.

:lol: Anyhow, I would bet that wearing fancy clothes is a bad idea, it usually is for most tech/repair work.

And they should train you. Probably 90% of all repairs they do it just bridging fuses. :awesome:

I wouldn't dress too great for the interview tbh, a three piece suit will make you look out of place in a manual labor job, and dress shoes + slimfit jeans will make you seem a bit poncey, I wouldn't dress scruffy, but not smart casual either tbh.

Best of luck with the interview

10-12 dollars an hour? :( That's awful. Get on a local road construction crew. They make 19 an hour at the lowest, 32.50 for operating a large machine, and 60+ for operating a crane :eek:

$12? That is how much you get paid to work at Mcdonalds here in Oregon. But we do have massive states tax though.

eurddrue said:
10-12 dollars an hour? :( That's awful. Get on a local road construction crew. They make 19 an hour at the lowest, 32.50 for operating a large machine, and 60+ for operating a crane :eek:

Plus all they do is pretend to work. :awesome:

Also, just so you know, fixing LCDs is very boring. The most exciting thing is bridging fuses, but usually you just buy a part and replace it. The most exciting replacement is a backlight, because it's a huge thin mercury-filled tube. No fun involved.

if you're worried about dress, I'd say a polo and khaki's or something is probably adequate for a tech job.

I was thinking a white button down shirt and black pants, maybe a tie?

Who invented ties anyway they are stupid. :neutral2:

No, definitely don't do that. Do the polo and khaki thing.

Where is this located, anyway? Their website makes it sound like they're everywhere.

epicelite said:
I was thinking a white button down shirt and black pants, maybe a tie?

Who invented ties anyway they are stupid. :neutral2:
People used to wear ties as handkerchiefs and napkins, according to our basket ball coach.

Back