Wiikey Trama cont.

exp0wnster

Ok, so I just wired up my wiikey tonight, and everything was fine. I put a on/off switch on pin 29 which i slide back and forth really quick to simulate a closed tact switch for now(only had open tacts available).

I got it to work first try, and i booted up into the wiikey menu selected my game, and started it. However, it just went back to the main gc menu and said there was an error.

The wiikey's fine, as I have tested it on my wii and it worked every time.

Now when I start my gamecube, I slide the switch back and forth really fast, and the GC-linux logo pops up on the disc screen. However, when I try to start it, it just goes to a black screen and stays there for eternity, and the wiikey's light is off instead of glowing blue.

Has anybody had a similar problem? Any remedy that I could try? I'm using the FFC breakout board, so latency could be an issue, but as it is loading the gc-linux logo, I'm not so sure.

Thanks for your input.

Re: Wiikey black screen problem

99.9%of the time it is a wiring problem. Double/triple check EVERY connection. Usually you will find a short somewhere, or a grounding problem.

Re: Wiikey black screen problem

You need to set the region switch on the Wiikey to NTSC.

After re wiring it, I still can't figure out how to get it to work.

I soldered everything up, and turned it on. Got the GC-Linux up after pressing the switch, and went into the Wiikey menu.

Then it complained that the SD was corrupt, so i reformatted and installed my SSBM back on.

Booted up the gamecube again, and now things started to mess up. The wiikey isn't giving off any light, and the gamecube is stuck on INSERT GAMECUBE DISC until it errors out after a little bit. I didn't touch any of the wiring when I went to format it, so I'm not sure what happened. Might be the SD reader, but I tested my wiikey awhile back and it worked just fine on my wii, so I don't know.

Anybody else have a similar problem? Thanks!

You put 3.3v? bridged ground? updated to 1.5? WBFS or fat32?
If you wired everything fine, check , re-check and rerere-check everything before power ON. You can fry your wiikey if one of this fails.

Yep, what do you mean by bridged ground? I have ground connected. it is 1.5, and WBFS.

I got it to load into the menu, so I'm assuming the wires are hooked up right. I don't think it would fry without any of the wires being moved.

OK sorry, my intention is only give help. It's only some questions.
If you did good work, the problem is another, but don't know why.

Back