Wiikey cant see sd card

Hello I have a wiikey wired up to a gamecube. sometimes it will work other times it wont, most the time it does not. I boot the GC and it sees the wiikey fine all the time. when I boot the wiikey it says init wiikey then no fat formatted sd found in wiikey fusion. I have checked the connections. re inserted the cables many times. any ideas? I have the newheaven breakout and the wires from that to the GC are about 1" then a normal wii dvd drive cable from the breakout to the wiikey.

i think its the sd cable since the wiikey works 100% of the time but it can't see the sd card. also I have tried reformatting it, and tried another card

I'm going to assume your SD card is FAT or FAT32 formatted.
Re-position the SD FFC cable to make sure it is as perfectly aligned as possible.
If you have only tried 2 different SD cards, there's a slim chance they're both not compatible. There are a lot of SD cards out there and the safe path is usually well known, reputable brands.

it has worked fine in the past. both sd cards have. also they are sandisk. ones 16gb the other is 32, I reformatted them a few times and tried messing with both ffc cables. I also plugged it into a wii and same problem.

looking at the ffc cable for the sd card there seems to be a bit of damage, some parts looked pinched I tried as best I could to test continuity, my muiltimeter doesn't have a super fine point :( I think there are 2, maybe just 1 that isn't connecting from end to end. is there anywhere I can get that cable

Back