Wii 480p seems very lackluster :/

The TV automatically calls it "component" instead of AV in the top right corner of the screen, so the TV is able to detect the 480p signal from the wii. If the 480p was not working, I'm pretty sure it would simply call it AV (as it did before).

I wouldn't take the TV calling it component as proof that it is 480p. It probably only labels composite video as AV, not necessarily the 480i aspect of it. I'm sure there's something in the menus that will tell you what resolution it's displaying.

Well the TV didn't have the component label until after I switched the wii menu to "480p" via the wii settings, so.....

I tried some other settings like 4::3: and what not, and they all looked flaxty. I'm pretty sure widescreen is the default setting. This is my mom's TV btw :p but next time I am over there I will look at the settings to make sure it is actually 480p.

And if it is, I'm still very meh about the improved quality. The Gamecube's quality improvement was very noticeable, but my lil bro and I could not notice any change on the wii's 480p :(

Then your TV labels it inaccurately.

Have you tried it on another TV?

Back