Why is my WiiKey hanging on boot?

Blargaman91

Yeah, another problem with the old cube... *sigh*... My Wiikey likes to hang when trying to boot any software, being a bootable from the Wiikey's SD or the sd gecko. I have Swiss flashed to it with auto boot, and there's no trouble getting to the menu and maneuvering it. The problem happened a couple times before I cut up the board, and realigning the ffc fixed that. Nothing I do will fix it now after slimming the board some.

Here are some pictures of the setup:

xmn4mu.jpg

sbmvjd.jpg

Every wire's continuity checks out from the Wiikey's CPU down to the GC's GPU. The Wiikey also loads fine with the same SD card reader and all on my Wii. Any ideas?

edit: That ffc is not crooked. It looks like it is in the picture.

I read on one of the WKF threads about not having wires cross any of your wkf wiring to avoid interference... especially power wires. That's not necessarily going to be your problem, just caused some people headaches in the past. Seeing the red wire going under the ffc just made me think of it.

Re: Re: Why is my WiiKey hanging on boot?

Blargaman91 said:
... being an iso or a dol from the sd gecko.

You said from sd gecko, so yeah I do. If you meant the the sdcard reader from the wkf then disregard but then please change your question. Cause that's confusing.

@ DuHasst0 - Yeah, sorry about that. I changed it.

@ brentphx - Thanks, that sounds helpful, I'll try that. I do have almost all the voltage lines going underneath the Wiikey.

Back