What's with all the "What you need, when you need it" sites?

Aguiluz

I've been noticing that a few sites I went to years back has been taken over by "search engines" putting up random ads for Maxim, cheap air tickets, etc. etc. and all of them had the slogan "What you need, when you need it" and had a random picture of an ugly girl smiling at the cam. It's creeping me out.

Is there some sort of website that can't hold on longer, gave up and sold the domain to someone who puts up an ad page?

Ah, these good old thing. Basically, there is some ultra-web mogul of unknown identity who buys up expired domain names with lots of links on others sites to them, so people click them thinking they are valid, hit his site, and he gets money.

Seriously, the "What you need, when you need it" person is probably LOADED with cash from ads right now.

PalmerTech said:
Ah, these good old thing. Basically, there is some ultra-web mogul of unknown identity who buys up expired domain names with lots of links on others sites to them, so people click them thinking they are valid, hit his site, and he gets money.

Seriously, the "What you need, when you need it" person is probably LOADED with cash from ads right now.
I can only imagine! :eek:

Back