Weird controller issue

nass95100

Hi, I'm actually making a gamecube portable and I'm having a weird issue with my controller. My controller works fine but after 15-20 seconds it stops working. I don't know from where it can come, I checked my solder, I resoldered all the wires and be very careful. Btw I can't go further than the language selection menu of the gamecube because I don't have any DD, I removed the port and wiating for Megalomaniac to get a wasp and a megadrive. Can it comes from the controller itself? Should I buy a new one? Thanks

Does your controller stop working when you get the disk error message? I think you can't dismiss this message (without rebooting) and it's "normal" that the controller doesn't seem to work.

No that's not the problem, whe I stay for like 15-20 seconds on the language selection menu, my controller stops working, I can't navigate through the menu and I can't press A, but I can see that the console is still working because the language is flashing.

The problem is always here and it's stopping me for doing anything else with this project.
Anyone knows how to fix it please?
It doesn't seem to be the controller that has a problem, I tried with three differents controllers

It might be the console itself, do you still have the controller board and ffc
cable attached to the board? If so check the contacts on it.

I finally find out the problem.
I haven't my disc drive connected so it freezes and an error message pops out. But when I stay on the language selection menu, the console isn't showing me the message but it's acting as it has shown me, so it isn't responding anymore. I used the trick to run the gc without a disc drive and my controller is working normally :)

At the end I bought 2 controllers for nothing T_T

Back