TSOP Flash- Need Help *FIXED*

XCVG

ModRetro Legend
I've been trying to flash my TSOP using this tutorial: http://www.biline.ca/xbox_mod.htm

So far I've made the controller cable and it works. However, I'm stuck on getting the save onto the memory card. It says to zip it. Zip what? As what? I've tried several things and the Action Replay software still rejects it. The only thing I'm doing wrong is using an unofficial memory card, because that's all I have. That shouldn't make a difference at this point, should it?

Re: TSOP Flash- Need Help

Get a modchip like a duox2, trust me, it is nice. (You should check out all of the tutorials on xbox-scene.com, I just fitted my xbox with a new bios and a 500gig hdd, and it's easier to use than flashing a tsop, it is quite risky)

mako321 said:
Get a modchip like a duox2, trust me, it is nice. (You should check out all of the tutorials on xbox-scene.com, I just fitted my xbox with a new bios and a 500gig hdd, and it's easier to use than flashing a tsop, it is quite risky)
actually, as long as you are careful (dont solder the wrong write points) tsop flashing is just as safe. the only really tangible difference is the lack of extra hardware.

Nevermind, it's all figured out now. TSOP is flashed, new HDD is in and SlaYers is doing its magic right now. Pics... tomorrow.

Use AID 4.5 instead, loads better than slayers.

(also, it isn't as safe as a modchip. Modchips have flashbanks so you have your bios there instead of flashing the real hardware, so you don't kill it if you don't have the proper bios flashed or you messed up.)

Yeah, I heard that AID is better, but I already had SlaYers. I think mine is a custom build or something because it installed Avalaunch, XBMC, and a bunch of emulators too. Now if only I could make Avalaunch run on boot instead of EvoX.

Also, I know TSOP flash is risky, but it's essentially free. Like the XBOX I used it on.

Lastly, anyone have any tips on FTPing into your XBOX? Mine's not working. I'm going through a router and using FlashFXP.

EDIT: Pics... today!
1j2005.jpg

206li86.jpg

Only had a 40GB hard drive unfortunately :neutral2:

Nope, that's what slayers 2.7 final installs. (I have used both and AID is so much better in my opinion though)
To ftp, just start up your xbox into evox(it's the only one I have ftp'd to before) and go tho sys config to figure out what the adress, name, and password are for the console. Just do that and it'll let you, simple as that.(I suggest you install xbmc as primary dash though, it's awesome)

Decided to stick with evoX, probably. The only problem with it is that my 3rd party wireless controller doesn't work with it. A bit of a bummer; it doesn't register ANY inputs. The controller works with real games, MS dash, Avalaunch and sort of (but not usable) with XBMC. Might switch to Avalaunch now that I've figured out how.

Anyway, does anyone know of any Neo Geo emulators for XBOX?

EDIT: I need another XBOX, then I can make a really crappy XBOX laptop.

Back