Thought i would make a post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, ive been a long time lurker on the site, even before modretro came into existance, and think this might possibly be one of the coolest things ever to do lol. But i thought i would finally introduce myself (maybe make me actually start working on something). I dont really know what all i should be saying but i guess ill just leave it at i am in love with sega, the dreamcast is and will be the best console ever

Hello, welcome to the site. A few people have made some pretty decent portables with Dreamcasts. Good luck and happy modding.

RevRon said:
Hello, welcome to the site. A few people have made some pretty decent portables with Dreamcasts. Good luck and happy modding.

Dreamcast was a failing console though. Why make a booting disc on a console? Also, not many games were released on the dreamcast. The only good games I miss are

1) Aero Dancing i
2) Aerowings
3) Aerowings 2 airstrike
4) Sonic Shuffle
5) Virtua Tennis

.....Ever played House of the dead 2? that was good, I have a collection of Dreamcast games and a dreamcast. Yes, it might not have been the longest lasting console, but dont go dissing it, it had its time, and still has a place in my heart.

QuickSkop3 said:
.....Ever played House of the dead 2? that was good, I have a collection of Dreamcast games and a dreamcast. Yes, it might not have been the longest lasting console, but dont go dissing it, it had its time, and still has a place in my heart.
Meh, HotD is alright. Then again, I think my light guns may not be the most accurate in the world so I hadn't gotten very far. I kinda preferred Typing of the Dead.

You can calibrate those light guns, you know. I calibrated mine and it worked much better.

Welcome to the forums! You're both a Dreamcast and a Sega fan, so you're in good company here. (I like the Saturn better, myself, but I still love my Dreamcast!)

aceboy44 said:
Dreamcast was a failing console though. Why make a booting disc on a console? Also, not many games were released on the dreamcast. The only good games I miss are

1) Aero Dancing i
2) Aerowings
3) Aerowings 2 airstrike
4) Sonic Shuffle
5) Virtua Tennis

I still think the dreamcast has the best selection of games, i was just really fond of almost all of them even space channel 5 lol. it mightve been a failing console but i mean with all of the crazy games and then to have internet and even an mmo, still pretty decent for the time i thought. but thanks for all the welcomes, now all i need to do is stop being lazy and actually try something.

R00man said:
Welcome to the site(nice avatar btw)
thanks, gotta love faye

I just recently got a Dreamcast and I was sold. I don't know why really, but I think it's because it was the last console to embrace the kind of games that came before, but with 6th gen graphics. It was way ahead of its time and shouldn't have failed IMO. Ironically if they had waited until after the PS2 hype died down they might have done better. People wouldn't be as pissed off at Sega but on the other hand they would have had more competition. Also, opening my brand new Dreamcast was epic. I haven't had a new console since my GameCube a long time ago. I hooked up my Dreamcast to the big HDTV with VGA for a while, then had to take it back downstairs (there's two TVs in my house, the big one in the living room and a smaller one in the rec room, which I use for gaming).

But back on topic, welcome to the forums!

Nintendo is the best company out there for the following reasons:

1) Unlike Sega and Sony, the nintendo was the LAST company that offered memory cards to save games on it. On the N64 games could be saved on the cartridges but with the dreamcast + PS1/2 we had to pay extra money for memory cards to save our games on them (talk about rip-off)
2) Unlike Sega and Sony, I never had a nintendo gaming console that exploded in my face (and hopefully they wont :))
3) Mario games are more fun than sonic :D (Mario party > sonic shuffle, super mario world > sonic the hedgehog 1/2/3, etc.)
4) They catch pirates and sue them viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2109 :rofl:

aceboy44 said:
Nintendo is the best company out there for the following reasons:

1) Unlike Sega and Sony, the nintendo was the LAST company that offered memory cards to save games on it. On the N64 games could be saved on the cartridges but with the dreamcast + PS1/2 we had to pay extra money for memory cards to save our games on them (talk about rip-off)

1. The N64, TONS of games needed a memory card. There were some games that saved to the cart, but there are far more that need a memory card.

2. You do not need a memory card for the Wii.

XCVG said:
I just recently got a Dreamcast and I was sold. I don't know why really, but I think it's because it was the last console to embrace the kind of games that came before, but with 6th gen graphics. It was way ahead of its time and shouldn't have failed IMO. Ironically if they had waited until after the PS2 hype died down they might have done better. People wouldn't be as pissed off at Sega but on the other hand they would have had more competition. Also, opening my brand new Dreamcast was epic. I haven't had a new console since my GameCube a long time ago. I hooked up my Dreamcast to the big HDTV with VGA for a while, then had to take it back downstairs (there's two TVs in my house, the big one in the living room and a smaller one in the rec room, which I use for gaming).

But back on topic, welcome to the forums!
Only two TVs in your house? Dang. I've got two in my room alone. a 13 inch CRT and a 32 inch LCD (Bought that one myself). Then there's a 32 inch LCD in my parents bedroom, a 32 inch LCD in my dad's office, a 20 inch LCD in my mom's sewing room, a 53 inch LCD in our living room, and a 36 inch CRT HDTV in my brother's room.

OMG U NUBS THE PS2 IS OBVIOUSLY THE BEST SYSTEM EVAR IT HAS SO MANY ORIGINAL GAMES, SO EVERY ONE OF THEM MUST BE TEH AWESOMEST EVAR DOOD/11 year old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back