161402-alphagrip_final_slide.jpg

Beat that.

The Alpha Grip:1
Wiimote and nunchuck:5
N64:1
Atari joystick:1

βeta said:
snowpenguin said:
The n64 controller was designed to be holdable in three different ways, not all at once. ;)
And this is useful how?

Because Nintendo was too cheap for two analog sticks. When analog sticks came out there was a bit of a problem. How do you add an analog stick and keep the d-pad? Sony chose to use two, added underneath, which works but then you need not one but two sticks. Sega chose to simply put a stick on the left side, which means you can use the d-pad or the stick but not both at the same time, and looks asymmetrical. Nintendo chose to be different and put the stick in the middle. That way you can use the analog stick and d-pad, analog stick and c-buttons, or d-pad and c-buttons. It's a lot less awkward than you might think, but it looks strange, makes the controller huge, and makes portabilizing the thing a bit harder.

Also:
con_Atari5200.jpg

The Question said:
Everyone post what you believe to be the worst designed game controller
161402-alphagrip_final_slide.jpg

Beat that.

The Alpha Grip
Actually, I saw a prototype of that thing 4 years ago. in high school, I was taking a Computer Systems Tech academy class, and the teacher was either friend's with a person working on it or her brother was working on it or something. Its an entire keyboard.

XCVG said:
Because Nintendo was too cheap for two analog sticks. When analog sticks came out there was a bit of a problem. How do you add an analog stick and keep the d-pad? Sony chose to use two, added underneath, which works but then you need not one but two sticks. Sega chose to simply put a stick on the left side, which means you can use the d-pad or the stick but not both at the same time, and looks asymmetrical. Nintendo chose to be different and put the stick in the middle. That way you can use the analog stick and d-pad, analog stick and c-buttons, or d-pad and c-buttons. It's a lot less awkward than you might think, but it looks strange, makes the controller huge, and makes portabilizing the thing a bit harder.
Nintendo didn't decide to be different, they were the pioneers.

I like the wii remote. I mean, most of it's uses are crap with all the shovelware, but it's well-designed and durable. I think the wii remote is one of the only good things about the wii.

sony does. It actually feels really natural though. And it's easier to concentrate while having a symmetricish controller (I mean YOU, 360 controller)

ps4controller.jpg

sorry, couldnt halp it. :rofl:

really, i totally agree with the wiimote being the worstestest controller ever! :awesome:

I'm cool with the Dualshock and the Xbox controllers, although the Dualshock 3 is a little too small. Also, there's an even worse controller then the Atari and Wiimote;

coleco_colecovision_controller.jpg

What a piece of flax.

Back