The Official ModRetro Minecraft Server [New-er! Poll Within]

Official ModRetro Minecraft events?

• No, shut your lady mouth

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Yeah, I would *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing love that

Votes: 38 95.0%

• Total voters
Re: The Official ModRetro Minecraft Server [New Poll Within]

If someone will send me the old maps, I'll play around with mcedit, and try to clean flax up, set up a bit of an infrastructure, and make it 1.8 compatibleish... Just, you know, because I can...

Also, new map should mean survival.

I actually prefer the old fake-creative to the new real creative, tbh. Waiting on Bukkit, this could take a while.

We're just starting a new map for 1.8. I'll of course tweak a couple things in MCEdit, but we'll be more or less starting anew. Except for Beta and SS's City of Glory, because they literally just built that like last week.

New hardware gets here later today!

And actually, Bukkit's making good progress on 1.8. When most on the glaring bugs are fixed, we'll get to getting it up.

Word of Beta says that they are working later today on getting the server up, stay tuned and the like.

SS

ttsgeb said:
Also, new map should mean survival.
Have you been listening at all?

βeta said:
And THAT'S why we're doing a creative server with a survival option. Everyone wins.
:stare:

Also Aux, don't forget to bring my bowser pixel art over to the new map if you're making one. ::3:

If we're doing Adventure, we should do survival for at least like a week and then convert it to a hybrid server after the newness of adventure wears off.

I hope they are making a mode where it's like 1.7 and below. I hate the hunger update, and the attack button.

Noah7 said:
I hope they are making a mode where it's like 1.7 and below. I hate the hunger update, and the attack button.
I HATE NEW THINGS, MAKE IT LIKE OLD THINGS.

Noah7 said:

have fun walking, ill be sprinting.

and farming melons

I could sprint before, and it was a Heck of a lot more effective than 1.8 sprinting (zombe's flymod).

well are we talking creative or survival here?

Beta and I talked about it last night and because Bukkit's 1.8 release build is only coming out today at the earliest, and there's no guarantee any of the plugins we usually use will work at all for at least a few days, for now we're just going to migrate the current server files to applejack (our new hardware) and run that while we piece together a stable 1.8 server. So at least you'll have something to do in the meantime.

The server is applejack.csh.rit.edu... minecraft.modretro.com will redirect there eventually and you can just use that probably tomorrow or Friday. It should be up later this evening.

IMPORTANT TL;DR: Old 1.7.3 server going up in the meantime while we work/wait on a stable 1.8 setup, so you don't get too bored.

Your Friendly MR Minecraft Team,
Aux and Beta

11:20PM UPDATE:1.7.3 server up and running on new machine. PM me if it crashes or something. 1.8 server forthcoming, stay tuned for future details.

Aux has a college getting in the way, so does Beta. They're working on it, it'll come when it comes.

SS

So, the first post says the server is up, but 1.8.1 doesn't see it. Do I need to be running 1.7.3?

(Sorry, I haven't used Minecraft a lot. :sweat: )

Yes, although the 1.8 server should be up soon, Aux has like, very little left to do on it last I checked.

SS

The 1.7.3 server kept crashing.

The 1.8 server will be up soon (tomorrow?), I just need to do a bit of map editing.

Back